Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 10:05 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not a fan of them doing that either. 

I think the telling thing is if it happened the other way round and an established news presenter was elected to Parliament they would, traditionally at least, be expected to quit their broadcasting role.

Becouse an Impartial NEWS presenter would be giving up that role to be an MP, and any media appearance wouldn't be as an impartial news presenter.

They wouldn't be able to appear at election time, nor can Mogg if he's standing.

If Piers Morgan was elected to parliament,  he could easily carry on his show , as it not a news programme, its commentary. Mogg is simply the other way around.

So it's not telling at all. Mogg is not doing a regulated NEWS program, Ofcom have set the boundaries and its a shame basic facts like that are ignored to try and made a false narrative.

RE: GB News - matthieu1221 - 27-02-2023

The UK is clearly far off the French unwritten policy that spouses of serving politicians can't present news/politics-related programs!

RE: GB News - London Lite - 27-02-2023

I'm surprised GB or Talk haven't offered Jonathan Gullis a show. He's already a shock jock without a show.

RE: GB News - Spencer - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 02:25 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'm surprised GB or Talk haven't offered Jonathan Gullis a show.  He's already a shock jock without a show.

As he’s the holder of a marginal Tory seat, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was his plan B for after the next election. Ditto Lee Anderson.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 02:20 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  The UK is clearly far off the French unwritten policy that spouses of serving politicians can't present news/politics-related programs!
Speaking of, I'm quite surprised they haven't given Sarah Vine a show yet (ex-wife of Michael Gove, if you don't know). She would seem to fit very well with what GBN are trying to achieve.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 10:03 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(27-02-2023, 02:25 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'm surprised GB or Talk haven't offered Jonathan Gullis a show.  He's already a shock jock without a show.

As he’s the holder of a marginal Tory seat, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was his plan B for after the next election. Ditto Lee Anderson.

And with Dehenna Davison quitting at the next election and already a previous presenter on the channel, I wouldn't be surprised if she's looking for another gig there or at Talk TV afterwards.

RE: GB News - Spencer - 27-02-2023

(27-02-2023, 10:16 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(27-02-2023, 10:03 PM)Spencer Wrote:  As he’s the holder of a marginal Tory seat, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was his plan B for after the next election. Ditto Lee Anderson.

And with Dehenna Davison quitting at the next election and already a previous presenter on the channel, I wouldn't be surprised if she's looking for another gig there or at Talk TV afterwards.
They might be awash with potential presenters if the current polls hold until the next election.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 27-02-2023

The more GB News brings in current politicians for presenters, the more I would question their legitimacy as a news channel. As I have said many times, I like the idea of a news channel with a centre-right output but that doesn't mean bringing in current politicians as presenters.

I'm starting to wonder if there is still a market for a centre-right news channel who delivers breaking news in the day and have news talk shows at prime time.

RE: GB News - Ash101 - 28-02-2023

Jacob was interviewed on Peston just now & Robert started by asking him about his new GB News show. Including what happens if he's needed in parliament between 8 and 9pm... he replied that Nigel Farage would just stay on air for longer.

RE: GB News - KrazyKei - 28-02-2023

(28-02-2023, 12:29 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  Jacob was interviewed on Peston just now & Robert started by asking him about his new GB News show. Including what happens if he's needed in parliament between 8 and 9pm... he replied that Nigel Farage would just stay on air for longer.

I have to be honest, Nigel doing a 2 hour show is not a bad idea, I'm sure viewers and listeners would be up for that.