Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - DavidWhitfield - 03-09-2022

Someone in the scheduling team clearly likes Patrick Christys. He's on from 10am to midday and then again between 3pm and 6pm? Crikey. I'd never even heard of him before he joined GB News.

RE: GB News - Jon - 03-09-2022

(03-09-2022, 12:59 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Someone in the scheduling team clearly likes Patrick Christys. He's on from 10am to midday and then again between 3pm and 6pm? Crikey. I'd never even heard of him before he joined GB News.
I wonder if the original plan was to move Brazier back to his original a slot with Mercy and he refused? Hence why Christys is down for six hours. Can’t see them keeping that up long term. 

It’s also possible they just haven’t updated the listing for In the Point yet. If Harwood gets the gig alongside the only remaining briefing slot, it would effectively make daytime a simple three, 3 hour shows.

Another thing that I don’t think was mentioned is that Steyn now appears to be full time based in the UK.

(02-09-2022, 11:22 PM)dvboy Wrote:  
(02-09-2022, 06:29 PM)Jon Wrote:  It’s often standard practice in commercial radio for presenters to only be told after their last show that it’s their last.

Probably to stop moments like this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es7K3LnVtW4 

To be fair, he quit live on air.
Agree the circumstances were different, but my point still stands.

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 03-09-2022

Christys isn’t doing six hours as far as I’m aware - that’s just a mistake with the descriptions/images on the schedule. Certainly the upcoming YouTube livestreams features an image of the titlecard without the images of Mercy or Patrick. The show description on the Virgin Media livestream makes no mention to either and instead says something about international stories.

Long story short I don’t know what’s happening with 10-12, but I’m fairly sure that Christys is only doing 3-6!

Schedule appears to be:
0600-0930 Breakfast
0930-1000 The Briefing with Tom Harwood
1000-1200 To The Point (I believe it will be renamed)
1200-1500 GB Newsday
1500-1800 GB News Live
1800-2300 Same as before

RE: GB News - eyeTV - 03-09-2022

Monday & Tuesday 10am-12 is 'Britains Next Prime Minister' with Alastair Stewart.

RE: GB News - Jon - 03-09-2022

Alistair Stewart in that slot was something I recommended from the beginning. Although I’m assuming it seems just to be two one offs.

If they’re going to a more rolling news format in the day, I wonder if they’ll get rid of the dedicated bulletins until prime time.

I also wonder if as well as cost saving, it’s an attempt to capitalise on BBC News reducing UK centric content.

RE: GB News - Rory N - 03-09-2022

It hopefully means that that GB News is trying to get better. A new schedule then maybe a new set. I think they are going down the path of “actual” news by toning it down with the opinion bits although when Patrick Christys is around I don’t know.

RE: GB News - Jacob_2706 - 11-09-2022

Dehenna Davison MP has been appointed as a Junior Minister (Parliamentary Under Secretary of State). Presumably this will impact her role on GB News ?

RE: GB News - chrisdafur - 14-09-2022

GB News seem to have frozen, now only showing a holding screen.

RE: GB News - fusionlad - 16-09-2022

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but have GB News finally reduced the size of the strap font so that it fits properly within the white box?

RE: GB News - bilky asko - 16-09-2022

(16-09-2022, 09:39 AM)fusionlad Wrote:  Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but have GB News finally reduced the size of the strap font so that it fits properly within the white box?
It seems to have changed since the death of the Queen - possibly because "Queen Elizabeth II Has Died" didn't fit otherwise?