Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 15-03-2023

The name of a TV channel license is irrelevant

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/html/tv/cs/tlcs001213ba7xxxcollege.htm 

This isn't an Open University style educational establishment with distance learning, despite XXX College being the name

Seriously, the key word is DUE which is explained here:

..However, alternative viewpoints must be adequately represented either in the programme, or in a series of programmes taken as a whole.

For GB News , which is both TV & Radio licences, 5.10 exemption for radio applies to the simulcast, its pretty clear who the presenters are and their affiliations

RE: GB News - TMD_24 - 18-03-2023

Another set of changes to the schedule coming next Saturday:

- Real Britain is finally gone after going without a permanent presenter.
- Alistair Stewart gets an extra hour from 12pm-3pm.
- Nana Akua will follow from 3pm-6pm.
- Calvin's Common Sense Crusade follows from 6pm-7pm. Dunno if it means the Sunday show is gone, we'll see later when the Sunday schedule comes out.
- Neil Oliver will be reduced to an hour from 7pm-8pm.
- A new show called The Saturday Five will happen from 8pm-9pm, seems like it'll be a rip-off version of The Five in America and The Talk here.
- Mark Dolan Tonight follows from 9pm-11pm like Sunday.

RE: GB News - GlasgowCruiser - 18-03-2023

Neil Oliver losing an hour makes me think he's on the way out.

I don't see why they need to do yet more chopping and changing though. Consistency surely is a good thing but seems lost on Angelos and co.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 18-03-2023

So Alistair Stewart and Nana Akua regain their old slots.

It looks like they've gone for putting the more off the wall presenters between 6-8pm which allows for the new The Five/The Talk panel show in peak. Now I wonder if the reason for that is so Calvin and Neil are part of the panel?

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 18-03-2023

It is like GB News scheduling department is suffering from a severe case of changing of mind

RE: GB News - Kojak - 18-03-2023

(18-03-2023, 10:33 PM)London Lite Wrote:  So Alistair Stewart and Nana Akua regain their old slots.

That's interesting, because I distinctly remember Al saying he wanted to cut his hours, which was why his show was cut to 2 hours from 3. Still, they seem to change the schedule like we change our clothes.

RE: GB News - matthieu1221 - 19-03-2023

Someone should keep a count on how long goes by until the next schedule change!

RE: GB News - mccanmat - 19-03-2023

Yet on yesterdays shows Emily Carver ended by reminding real britain is on every Saturday from
2pm and Neil Oliver said he was back at 6pm next Saturday!

RE: GB News - TMD_24 - 19-03-2023

The Sunday schedule published by GB News today for next week shows Alistair Stewart from 1pm-3pm and Nana Akua from 3pm-6pm so Calvin Robinson does appear to be moving to Saturday nights from next week.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 19-03-2023

This NEWS website set to become BIGGEST in the UK...
Quote:[color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif][Geoff] Marsh joined GB News from the Daily Express, where he built its website into an SEO powerhouse, in October.[/font][/color]

[color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif]...[/font][/color]

[color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif][color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif]GB News moved from its gbnews.uk URL to gbnews.com at the start of March to help build its presence outside the UK.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

[color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif][color=#252524][font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif]Marsh told staff the new website address “enables us to compete much more aggressively, much faster, globally. The United States is already our second biggest market, closely followed by Australia, Canada and Ireland, proving there’s a clear appetite for GB News across the English-speaking world.”[/font][/color][/font][/color]
Joking aside, this explains a lot. I've said this umpteen times, but everything about GB News gives off the vibe of a poor imitation of the Express (and that's not a compliment to the Express, believe me).

Quote:[font='Tisa Sans Pro', Georgia, serif][color=#252524]He said GB News’ business goal was to become “the number one news channel in the United Kingdom by 2028”.[/color][/font]

I find it interesting that they have specifically said 2028. I wonder if this is based on an assumption that Sky News will cease broadcasting then? 2028 is when Comcast's initial 10-year funding period ends. It seems that perhaps GBN are banking on a potential closure of Sky News, plus the real closure of BBC News, to then become 'the UK's number one news channel' by default. That's if GB News is even around in 2028! If the losses continue at their current rates (10 times the channel's revenue!), I very much doubt it.