Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - derek500 - 25-03-2023

Blast from the past, Chris Skudder, doing the sports' news on Breakfast with Stephen and Anne, or Ellie as is the norm now.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 25-03-2023

The Anne Diamond situation is bizarre.

It’s now been three months since she appeared. Yet the show remains named after her, and she appears in trailers.

If she was unwell or dealing with personal issues you’d think they’d just say so without giving details. Indeed, when she was actually unwell last year for a few weeks, they did exactly that.

So my money’s on some kind of dispute. It reminds me of when Andrew Neil first “disappeared “ in 2021.

I suspect we will not see Anne on the station again. At some point the branding will just change to Stephen and Ellie and nothing more will ever be said.

RE: GB News - TVViewer256 - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 12:01 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  The Anne Diamond situation is bizarre.

It’s now been three months since she appeared. Yet the show remains named after her, and she appears in trailers.

If she was unwell or dealing with personal issues you’d think they’d just say so without giving details. Indeed, when she was actually unwell last year for a few weeks, they did exactly that.

So my money’s on some kind of dispute. It reminds me of when Andrew Neil first “disappeared “ in 2021.

I suspect we will not see Anne on the station again. At some point the branding will just change to Stephen and Ellie and nothing more will ever be said.
She's on a sabbatical. Stephen Dixon mentioned it right at the start of the year.

RE: GB News - derek500 - 25-03-2023

Stephen said a couple of weeks ago that she's on a sabbatical.

Perhaps she's on another cruise on the Viking Sea which she's the 'God Mother' of, currently in the Caribbean?

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 25-03-2023

(23-03-2023, 02:45 PM)derek500 Wrote:  GB News is building “a major new multi-studio broadcast centre” in Westminster ahead of the next general election, alongside their main studio in Paddington. Expected to be completed later this year, the new complex will be a “high-tech digital production facility” near Parliament, which incoming Political Editor Chopper will call home – alongside new Deputy Political Editor Tom Harwood and the rest of the political team. Other new programmes based in the studio are set to be announced soon…

GB News’ Head of Technology and Operations Stephen Willmott said:

“The new facility will be a big boost to our production capability, both for broadcast and for digitally exclusive content and podcasts. It will also allow us to complete an ongoing upgrade our main studios.”

https://order-order.com/2023/03/23/gb-news-splashes-cash-on-new-studio-in-westminster/ 

Exciting news for the channel. They are slowly making progress.

RE: GB News - Stuart - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 01:09 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Exciting news for the channel. They are slowly making progress.
Both viewers will be excited, no doubt. Confused

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 25-03-2023

It seems to me that GB News still has not learnt any lessons on money - they lost a whopping £30 million in their last financial year, but are still pumping more money into new studios and huge salaries for their presenters.

GB News seems to think it has a bottomless barrel of cash to use. They are not Rupert Murdoch, who can use his vast profits from the Faux News Channel in the US to fund his radio/tv hybrid channel Talk TV - GB News surely doesn't have the same financial backing as Murdoch has?

RE: GB News - qwerty123 - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 12:01 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  The Anne Diamond situation is bizarre.

Just to point out multiple people has disappeared from the BBC in the past for much longer periods without it being acknowledged either at all or until they return. Just because someone’s job is broadcast to the public it doesn’t mean that they aren’t entitled to privacy if something is going on in their personal life.

Gibsy - Gibsy - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 01:09 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  
(23-03-2023, 02:45 PM)derek500 Wrote:  GB News is building “a major new multi-studio broadcast centre” in Westminster ahead of the next general election, alongside their main studio in Paddington. Expected to be completed later this year, the new complex will be a “high-tech digital production facility” near Parliament, which incoming Political Editor Chopper will call home – alongside new Deputy Political Editor Tom Harwood and the rest of the political team. Other new programmes based in the studio are set to be announced soon…

GB News’ Head of Technology and Operations Stephen Willmott said:

“The new facility will be a big boost to our production capability, both for broadcast and for digitally exclusive content and podcasts. It will also allow us to complete an ongoing upgrade our main studios.”

https://order-order.com/2023/03/23/gb-news-splashes-cash-on-new-studio-in-westminster/ 

Exciting news for the channel. They are slowly making progress.
They are losing money hand over fist, surely it can’t continue

RE: Gibsy - Jon - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 02:17 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 01:09 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Exciting news for the channel. They are slowly making progress.
They are losing money hand over fist, surely it can’t continue
It will continue for as long as it’s Billionaire backers want to keep backing it. A normal person loses money on a pet but doesn’t mean you put it down. This is like a pet to its owners.

They may also be holding out for other groups to buy it, who’s presumably have some existing and lower overheads. Although would be difficult to see how they make it profitable.