Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 05:20 PM)derek500 Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 05:12 PM)London Lite Wrote:  GB News has always been an ideological project to give voices to supposed groups that don't get airtime on mainstream media, although I'd debate that Channel 5's Jeremy Vine and the BBC's Question Time and even Sunday Morning Live has debated topics that have been featured on GBN.

So they don't get airtime on their two main competitors, Sky News and BBC News?

Perhaps, that's a good enough reason for GB News to exist?

Maybe that's down to the fact that Sky and BBC News are rolling news channels rather than an opinion outlet which GB News is.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 06:41 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 05:20 PM)derek500 Wrote:  So they don't get airtime on their two main competitors, Sky News and BBC News?

Maybe that's down to the fact that Sky and BBC News are rolling news channels rather than an opinion outlet which GB News is.
Indeed. Effectively, GB News is an opinion channel that carries news bulletins. Sky News and BBC News are news channels that carry some opinion pieces. Neither is the lesser or the greater, and there is a place for all.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 25-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 05:20 PM)derek500 Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 05:12 PM)London Lite Wrote:  GB News has always been an ideological project to give voices to supposed groups that don't get airtime on mainstream media, although I'd debate that Channel 5's Jeremy Vine and the BBC's Question Time and even Sunday Morning Live has debated topics that have been featured on GBN.

So they don't get airtime on their two main competitors, Sky News and BBC News?

Although perhaps they don't get airtime because they've either been discredited or have no expertise in the area they think they are experts in.

RE: GB News - Jon - 26-03-2023

(25-03-2023, 09:31 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(25-03-2023, 05:20 PM)derek500 Wrote:  So they don't get airtime on their two main competitors, Sky News and BBC News?

Although perhaps they don't get airtime because they've either been discredited or have no expertise in the area they think they are experts in.
I guess the counter to that is who decides who’s  been discredited and who decides whether someone is an expert or not? Surely everyone who has a different take on things to someone else thinks the other lacks authority. And if people just had the same opinions progress would never be made on anything.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 26-03-2023

Just had a look at this new Saturday Five programme - it looks like a VERY poor imitation of Sky News' erstwhile Pledge. Ghastly.

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 02:30 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Just had a look at this new Saturday Five programme - it looks like a VERY poor imitation of Sky News' erstwhile Pledge. Ghastly.

It didn't work well, though that's as much because Darren Grimes is just an awful TV presenter. Setting aside the other alleged issues surrounding him, he simply isn't very good.

And I know the set has limitations, but is five chairs in front of the "Breakfast Bar" *really* the best they could come up with? 
It felt cobbled together on a whim.

Also I noticed that the sixty second timers were actually ninety seconds for the first couple of goes.

Finally, the very first subject to hook in new eiwers was "is the BBC licence fee value for money?". Only been done 1000 times on GB News already. Zzzzz.

I like the concept of the show but the execution (and the choice of host) is really poor I'm afraid. Could have been vastly improved by actually having a competent, charismatic host! Indeed a couple of the guests would have made better hosts!

Krede - Krede - 26-03-2023

https://order-order.com/2023/03/26/powell-attacks-gb-news-for-ramming-the-airwaves-with-conservative-mps/ 

RE: GB News - Former Member 237 - 26-03-2023

That's very triggersom language I must say...... GB news will be delighted.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 26-03-2023

GB News wouldn't have half the problems if it was branded something else that doesn't resemble a news channel.

RE: GB News - mdta - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 04:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  GB News wouldn't have half the problems if it was branded something else that doesn't resemble a news channel.

This is why TalkTV is easy to ignore, because there is not a pretence of journalism.