Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 26-03-2023

(26-03-2023, 06:04 PM)mdta Wrote:  
(26-03-2023, 04:49 PM)London Lite Wrote:  GB News wouldn't have half the problems if it was branded something else that doesn't resemble a news channel.

This is why TalkTV is easy to ignore, because there is not a pretence of journalism.

It may well be a deliberate branding decision to use "News" so that the target demo actually think they're watching a news channel targeting disenfranchised viewers who don't see Sky or the BBC providing what they want to hear from a news channel, but it's no different to Talk TV or even LBC in that the vast majority of the output is opinion based.

RE: GB News - Toby brown - 27-03-2023

I think I just saw some police officers in the background of the gb news studio

RE: GB News - Matrix - 28-03-2023

(27-03-2023, 10:51 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  I think I just saw some police officers in the background of the gb news studio

Finally, the Met getting around to the real crime of the day... GBeebies presentation.

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 11:32 AM)Matrix Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 10:51 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  I think I just saw some police officers in the background of the gb news studio

Finally, the Met getting around to the real crime of the day... GBeebies presentation.
Or they could be visiting a victim of crime at work , which is probably given a social media post from a staffer. So maybe less of the childish 'gbeebies' nonsense? Given an police visit in person these days is probably a serious matter.

RE: GB News - Matrix - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 01:34 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  
(28-03-2023, 11:32 AM)Matrix Wrote:  Finally, the Met getting around to the real crime of the day... GBeebies presentation.
Or they could be visiting a victim of crime at work , which is probably given a social media post from a staffer. So maybe less of the childish 'gbeebies' nonsense? Given an police visit in person these days is probably a serious matter.
Or: maybe not. It's a presentation forum - so I'll keep it on the (truly shocking) presentation point. Ta.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 01:34 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  
(28-03-2023, 11:32 AM)Matrix Wrote:  Finally, the Met getting around to the real crime of the day... GBeebies presentation.
If that's the case pretty poor of GB News to have it happen on screen.

RE: GB News - AaronTV - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 05:27 PM)Matrix Wrote:  
(28-03-2023, 01:34 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Or they could be visiting a victim of crime at work , which is probably given a social media post from a staffer. So maybe less of the childish 'gbeebies' nonsense? Given an police visit in person these days is probably a serious matter.
Or: maybe not. It's a presentation forum - so I'll keep it on the (truly shocking) presentation point. Ta.

It looks… fine.

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 29-03-2023

This might interest some people, Press Gazette - the journalism trade magazine- had a reporter watch GB News all day

https://pressgazette.co.uk/publishers/broadcast/i-watched-gb-news-for-18-hours/ 

Their* conclusions are interesting

*what I was intending to say, speech to text correction

RE: GB News - Jon - 03-04-2023

But we keep getting told it’s not classed as News! Obviously not as clear cut as some are making out.

RE: GB News - Stockland Hillman - 03-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 02:03 PM)Jon Wrote:  But we keep getting told it’s not classed as News! Obviously not as clear cut as some are making out.

DUE impartiality has always been required,  and can be achieved despite MP presenter interviewing senior MP guest, as Ofcom have just reconfirmed with their Nadine/Boris interview all-clear for Talk TV

The question is whether the due impartiality was achieved on that GB News show or around in. Nobody has disputed this