Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Andrew - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 11:03 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  Well the facts don't lie. Dan has cracked the six-figure threshold. I'm pretty sure Nigel has done the same in the past but again, please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not sure if it's possible that GB News will crack the seven-figure threshold on a regular basis in the distant future but if it were to happen, could that mean big-money advertising on the linear channel?
News channels don’t rate that high. In this day and age sometimes even BBC One and ITV doesn’t get 7 figures

RE: GB News - mnlbay - 24-05-2023

Very rose tinted analysis from GBN:
https://www.gbnews.com/news/gb-news-most-loved-news-brand-2023-savanta 

Yes they have been ranked as Number 1 in the News category but primary competitors such as Sky News, BBC News and ITV News do not rank separately to their master brand (Sky at #10, ITV at #12 and #16 for ITVX, BBC at #14 and iPlayer at #11).

In the overall table, GBN sits at # 53 - although slightly questionable methodology that WeChat is sitting at #45 in a UK focussed report.... Primary competitor Talk TV/Radio is at #60 and sits in Radio/Music category.

Full report is here https://savanta.com/knowledge-centre/view/who-is-the-uks-most-loved-media-brand-2023/ 

RE: GB News - eyeTV - 24-05-2023

It's not a great boast is it and not the best survey to reflect brands when the News category omits all the other main players.

RE: GB News - Kojak - 24-05-2023

It's a bit like when Scientology used to claim they had six million members worldwide... and it turned out this number included every single person who had ever bought an L. Ron Hubbard book!

RE: GB News - derek500 - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 02:17 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's not a great boast is it and not the best survey to reflect brands when the News category omits all the other main players.

To be fair to GB News, it's not their doing that Sky News and BBC News aren't 'itemised' in the news category.   Perhaps Savanta need to look at the methodology?

Wouldn't any company use this survey positively if they were number one in a category?

RE: GB News - Andrew - 24-05-2023

Dear me, Dan is still going on about Phillip Schofield and tonight he’s got an exclusive interview with Jim Davidson giving his opinion on the matter.

Who are they going to drag up next?

RE: GB News - Jon - 24-05-2023

Sue Cook? Oh they’ve already done that.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 09:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Dear me, Dan is still going on about Phillip Schofield and tonight he’s got an exclusive interview with Jim Davidson giving his opinion on the matter.

John Cleese?    Indeed what happened to him joining the channel - he seems to be spending his time ruining Fawlty Towers legacy now and also is getting a "comedy roast" in Australia.

Guess he'll be back to Rishi bashing too now Boris is under the microscope again.

RE: GB News - Jon - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 09:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(24-05-2023, 09:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Dear me, Dan is still going on about Phillip Schofield and tonight he’s got an exclusive interview with Jim Davidson giving his opinion on the matter.

John Cleese?    Indeed what happened to him joining the channel - he seems to be spending his time ruining Fawlty Towers legacy now and also is getting a "comedy roast" in Australia.
The show is still happening, he’s been on the channel a couple of times in the last month, and I saw a recent Australian interview in which he appears refer and talks very highly of Andrew Doyle. 

You get the impression it won’t be a live show though. 

Jim Davidson I believe comes on Wootton’s show regularly (probably weekly) in which I guess is the TV equivalent of an opinion column. He must be quite popular with this audience though, I saw an advert on a bus for his own Streaming platform not long back.

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 24-05-2023

I have a feeling and indeed I have heard the rumours that the delay of John Cleese joining GB News is down to his worries about the channel. Indeed his appearance on Andrew's show he used the "KGB" News term he originally used to call them, which didn't go down well with the management I presume.

I think John didn't understand what GB News is. He doesn't live here in the UK fully anymore, and I think he said yes to their offer too quickly, which has led him to be cautious. You could see that this new programme will never happen, and he might just be a guest on GB News for a while.

I doubt his friends Michael Palin or Eric Idle are thrilled at the sort of channel he has decided to join.

(24-05-2023, 09:34 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(24-05-2023, 09:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  John Cleese?    Indeed what happened to him joining the channel - he seems to be spending his time ruining Fawlty Towers legacy now and also is getting a "comedy roast" in Australia.
The show is still happening, he’s been on the channel a couple of times in the last month, and I saw a recent Australian interview in which he appears refer and talks very highly of Andrew Doyle. 

You get the impression it won’t be a live show though. 

Jim Davidson I believe comes on Wootton’s show regularly (probably weekly) in which I guess is the TV equivalent of an opinion column. He must be quite popular with this audience though, I saw an advert on a bus for his own Streaming platform not long back.

Jim is the perfect person for GB News - he suits it perfectly, and indeed if GB News weren't worried about what he says, he could have a show on it. He has his own streaming service, which from the reviews I have read isn't great. Jim likes to live in the past, and his streaming service showcases that. I believe he launched it during the height of the pandemic, when people couldn't go anywhere. 

But now in 2023, I wonder if it is doing well, I bet it has seen a drop in subscribers, and so appearances on GB News helps him to promote his company.