Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 30-05-2023

That was a complete disappointment. Absolutely nothing new whatsoever.

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 12:14 AM)Scrotnig Wrote:  That was a complete disappointment. Absolutely nothing new whatsoever.
Really? I thought there was lots of new info. We must have been watching different interviews.

RE: GB News - Larry the Loafer - 30-05-2023

I watched it begrudgingly and I think it shone a light on a few new things, especially the apparent vulnerability of the colleague Schofield had an affair with. Some had mentioned on here that there was a risk to Schofield of there being a repeat of what happened to Caroline Flack. But Eamonn raised a very valid point that the individual in question has none of the protection/legal resources that Schofield has, and leaves him very vulnerable. I hope he gets whatever help and support he needs.

I know this isn't strictly GBN discussion, but considering threads on this topic keep getting closed, I don't really know where else to say it.

RE: GB News - Worzel - 30-05-2023

Sky News have been running clips of the Holmes interview this morning, even crediting GB News. Think its the first time I've seen Sky News use anything 'GB News branded' by them.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 30-05-2023

Just like much of GB News this seemed to be him presenting his opinion on events rather than backing things up with facts.

Whilst Sky and ITV are making headlines out of it I can't see that the BBC have reported on it online at least, not even with the often used (for Putin usually) "the BBC is unable to verify these claims" disclaimer.

(30-05-2023, 07:58 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Just like much of GB News this seemed to be him presenting his opinion on events rather than backing things up with facts.

Whilst Sky and ITV are making headlines out of it I can't see that the BBC have reported on it online at least, not even with the often used (for Putin usually) "the BBC is unable to verify these claims" disclaimer.
Considering the person signed an NDA and probably wants to remain anonymous, what was Eamonn supposed to say? “At 10pm on Thursday 24 May 2018, this happened”?! I think he said as much as he could without explicitly naming people or breaking the law.

RE: GB News - Milkshake - 30-05-2023

The person in Question and his wife worked on the show. I don't believe for one min Ruth would let him do this unless she also agreed something stinks. A few people are have been saying there hate GB news but think what Eamonn has been saying has a line of truth to it. However its still not clear where the line is between Dan and Eamonn distain for the current ITV Management...

GB news has done what every other broadcaster would have done and got exclusive interview that's by in by.

RE: GB News - Alf Stewart - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  The person in Question and his wife worked on the show.  I don't believe for one min Ruth would let him do this unless she also agreed something stinks.  A few people are have been saying there hate GB news but think what Eamonn has been saying has a line of truth to it.    However its still not clear where the line is between Dan and Eamonn distain for the current ITV Management...

GB news has done what every other broadcaster would have done and got exclusive interview that's by in by.

My only problem with Eamonn coming forward now is that he and Ruth waited until they were 'let go' by This Morning. It may well have an element of truth about it but, if they were really that unhappy about what was going on behind the scenes, they could have walked away at any point under their own steam. Quite happy to accept ITV's money at the time though and it gives them a great opportunity (well Eamonn anyway) to play the martyr.

This whole thing has been blown massively out of proportion anyway and quite honestly I'm sick to death of the whole thing now.

(30-05-2023, 09:56 AM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  My only problem with Eamonn coming forward now is that he and Ruth waited until they were 'let go' by This Morning. It may well have an element of truth about it but, if they were really that unhappy about what was going on behind the scenes, they could have walked away at any point under their own steam. Quite happy to accept ITV's money at the time though and it gives them a great opportunity (well Eamonn anyway) to play the martyr.

This whole thing has been blown massively out of proportion anyway and quite honestly I'm sick to death of the whole thing now.
“Never underestimate someone’s ability to ignore something if their salary depends on it.”

Anyway Ruth is still with ITV so I’m not sure that argument necessarily goes.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 10:10 AM)Studio7 Wrote:  “Never underestimate someone’s ability to ignore something if their salary depends on it.”
And similarly never underestimate someone's ability to be outraged by something if their salary depends on it.