Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - London Lite - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 06:00 PM)Andrew Wrote:  From what I can see on Twitter many people tuned in to GB News for the first time last night and couldn’t believe what they were seeing, the smug presentation, the lack of any attempt to play devils advocate, panellists using strong language etc etc

Yes, there were people frustrated with the culture wars terms used ad nauseum by Dan.

One thing learned from last night's Holmes interview is why GB News (and Talk TV) are covering the Schofield story endlessly is they somehow see ITV as being a hypocritical "woke" broadcaster, not helped by disenfranchised ex ITV Daytime talent using the platform to bash their former employer. There may be some truth in the outcome of all this, but certain broadcasters are milking it for all they can.

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 06:13 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Yes, there were people frustrated with the culture wars terms used ad nauseum by Dan.

One thing learned from last night's Holmes interview is why GB News (and Talk TV) are covering the Schofield story endlessly is they somehow see ITV as being a hypocritical "woke" broadcaster, not helped by disenfranchised ex ITV Daytime talent using the platform to bash their former employer.    There may be some truth in the outcome of all this, but certain broadcasters are milking it for all they can.
Dan (and to a lesser extent, Eamonn) obviously has an axe to grind against ITV. But in this case, perhaps not without reason. This is probably the first time that GB News has had the big story of the day. Of course they're going to 'milk it for all they can'. As any broadcaster does when they have an exclusive. It's kind of how TV news works.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 06:49 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  Dan (and to a lesser extent, Eamonn) obviously has an axe to grind against ITV. But in this case, perhaps not without reason. This is probably the first time that GB News has had the big story of the day. Of course they're going to 'milk it for all they can'. As any broadcaster does when they have an exclusive. It's kind of how TV news works.

Considering they're not a "news" channel, that's a feat when they actually make news rather than moan about it.

RE: GB News - Toby brown - 30-05-2023

I feel very sorry for holly and Phil their mental health right now must be awful and gb news are part of the problem the theme music and graphics to Eamonns interview with dan was appalling made Phil out to be a criminal when he hasn't been found guilty of anything and as far as we know it was a legal relationship. I think both eamonn and dan are bitter the are no longer at itv

RE: GB News - Alessi - 30-05-2023

In my opinion, it really does seem bizarre that the This Morning and Phillip threads were closed. It is the massive TV programming story of the moment and it's effectively been silenced on here. Nothing was being posted other than legitimately reported articles that are in the public domain.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 30-05-2023

How very GB News - claiming something silenced off the back of a lengthy discussion about it. The thread itself got to the point where nobody could add anything. Indeed the media got to that point too but they've continued anyway.

RE: GB News - F4C - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 07:25 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  I feel very sorry for holly and Phil their mental health right  now must be awful and gb news are part of the problem the theme music and graphics to Eamonns interview with dan was appalling made Phil out to  be a criminal when he hasn't been found guilty of anything and as far as we know it was a legal relationship. I think both eamonn and dan are bitter the are no longer at itv
Willoughby, you may have a point- there’s no concrete evidence that she knew anything about the situation, so slating her about it is ridiculous bordering on mob behaviour. As for Schofield- he seems to have abused a position of power. Whilst not necessarily illegal, it is definitely very dodgy and immoral, and it’s basically ended his career, unless he pulls off the biggest comeback since Lazarus. 

As a rule of thumb, take anything that Wootton says with more than a pinch of salt. Holmes seems to be somewhat bitter at leaving ITV- maybe bitter because he knew about Schofield and no-one listened. Maybe bitter for other reasons and using this scandal to drive home his frustration with ITV still.

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 30-05-2023

(29-05-2023, 10:59 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  There was an article in one of the posh magazines (think it was The New Statesman) about a year after GB News launched. In it, it was said that GB management felt they needed something like 25% neutral, straight news content in order to keep on Ofcom's good side, which is where the news bulletins came in.
Found the article. This is what it said about the news bulletins:

The New Statesman Wrote:And while Ofcom doesn’t state an exact figure, it was decided that GB News needed around 20 per cent “impartial” content: it was for this reason, one source told me, that news bulletins, previously dismissed as old-school, were announced within days of unveiling Farage.
https://www.newstatesman.com/long-reads/2022/04/were-going-to-disrupt-a-year-inside-gb-news 

RE: GB News - derek500 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 08:34 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  Found the article. This is what it said about the news bulletins:

https://www.newstatesman.com/long-reads/2022/04/were-going-to-disrupt-a-year-inside-gb-news 

But Farage was on the channel doing the Sunday show from week one!!

RE: GB News - Happy2001 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 08:51 PM)derek500 Wrote:  But Farage was on the channel doing the Sunday show from week one!!

Though if my memory serves me well, he wasn't promoted by GB News until a few weeks after it's launch.