Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Andrew - 30-05-2023

Every time Dan says “bombshell” or “woke” on his show tonight you need to down a shot of your favourite drink

You’ll be off your face by 9:10

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 08:53 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Though if my memory serves me well, he wasn't promoted by GB News until a few weeks after it's launch.
It was about a month after the channel went on air. Derek is right about Farage being on the Sunday show from the start, but he certainly wasn't part of the core lineup, which is what the article was referring to. Even on the Sunday show he was one of four presenters, and I think he only did that for about six months.

RE: GB News - Milkshake - 30-05-2023

It seems GB news are shoe horning in OTHER GB topic to see if they can grapes passing viewers..

RE: GB News - JMT1985 - 30-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 08:53 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Though if my memory serves me well, he wasn't promoted by GB News until a few weeks after it's launch.

That was partly down to Andrew Neil still being there - Andrew never wanted Nigel on the channel, one of the many reasons he left fairly quick in 2021 - Andrew saw his ideal of what GB "News" should be just erode away within the first two weeks on air and Farage being there was part of that

RE: GB News - Toby brown - 30-05-2023

They have kwasi Kwarteng on to talk about Phillips behaviour have they forgotten he and Liz truss caused a lot of pain to millions of people in this country surely that's worse than what Phil has done

RE: GB News - harshy - 30-05-2023

Not watched this channel in ages it dosent look that much different from when it launched.

RE: GB News - Andrew - 30-05-2023

I get the feeling Eamonn Holmes won’t work anywhere else again besides on GB News

Bear in mind TV is a small place, executives move around, it’s quite likely the 4 execs he has criticised have connections with people they used to work with who now are execs at other channels and other production companies. Then he has also insulted Holly, which means he won’t be working anywhere that involves her husband either.

He wouldn’t be appearing in the ‘Send to All’ box or on ‘The Wheel’ for example. Although I think he’s done them previously in any case.

RE: GB News - Jon - 31-05-2023

I get the impression he isn’t too fussed.

(30-05-2023, 09:43 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  They have kwasi Kwarteng on to talk about Phillips behaviour have they forgotten he and Liz truss caused a lot of pain to millions of people in this country surely that's worse than what Phil has done
They haven’t forgotten, they simply refuse to accept it.

RE: GB News - XIII - 31-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 11:37 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I get the feeling Eamonn Holmes won’t work anywhere else again besides on GB News

Bear in mind TV is a small place, executives move around, it’s quite likely the 4 execs he has criticised have connections with people they used to work with who now are execs at other channels and other production companies. Then he has also insulted Holly, which means he won’t be working anywhere that involves her husband either.

He wouldn’t be appearing in the ‘Send to All’ box or on ‘The Wheel’ for example. Although I think he’s done them previously in any case.

My issue with Eamonn is that he's coming across as petty and bitter calling Carolyn McCall Dame EasyJet, you can criticise people without giving them silly nicknames. 

It's a shame because he's a good broadcaster.

RE: GB News - tellyblues - 31-05-2023

The idea that Eamonn is losing out on big gigs because of his comments is folly.