Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - orange - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 01:10 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  The idea that Eamonn is losing out on big gigs because of his comments is folly.

You’re right - there’s always Celebrity Big Brother whenever that comes back.

RE: GB News - Keith - 31-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 06:49 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  Dan (and to a lesser extent, Eamonn) obviously has an axe to grind against ITV. But in this case, perhaps not without reason. This is probably the first time that GB News has had the big story of the day. Of course they're going to 'milk it for all they can'. As any broadcaster does when they have an exclusive. It's kind of how TV news works.
It's perhaps telling that the Mail online (where Dan is a columnist) currently have as their top story a headline that contains the phrase "ex-Guardian chief at the helm of ITV". With this in mind I can't help thinking this could also be a left vs right wing newspaper rivalry, which has spilled over into GB News. I'm guessing it plays quite well with the channel's target audience.

RE: GB News - Alessi - 31-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 07:41 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  How very GB News - claiming something silenced off the back of a lengthy discussion about it. The thread itself got to the point where nobody could add anything. Indeed the media got to that point too but they've continued anyway.

But it's on going? New presenter line-ups/New look show/fallout if executives quit. I thought that was the point of the forum.

RE: GB News - bilky asko - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:27 AM)Alessi Wrote:  But it's on going? New presenter line-ups/New look show/fallout if executives quit. I thought that was the point of the forum.

None of which have happened yet, so the thread has been closed during the speculation gap.

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Keith Wrote:  It's perhaps telling that the Mail online (where Dan is a columnist) currently have as their top story a headline that contains the phrase "ex-Guardian chief at the helm of ITV".  With this in mind I can't help thinking this could also be a left vs right wing newspaper rivalry, which has spilled over into GB News.  I'm guessing it plays quite well with the channel's target audience.

Of course the reality is that ITV Daytime has pretty much morphed into Daily Mail TV over the last couple of years, but that's still not right wing enough for them.

There is just a complete lack of self awareness too among some sections of the media - Eamonn talking about the "Be Kind" initiative and previous suicides connected to ITV in an interview with Dan Woottan somewhat highlighted that.

Back to GB News and even by their standards baffling to get in Peter Andre for what is probably their newsiest show of the day.   Guessing Stephen Dixon is away as well.   Is Anne Diamond still doing weekends?

RE: GB News - JLav25 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:41 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Of course the reality is that ITV Daytime has pretty much morphed into Daily Mail TV over the last couple of years, but that's still not right wing enough for them.

There is just a complete lack of self awareness too among some sections of the media - Eamonn talking about the "Be Kind" initiative and previous suicides connected to ITV in an interview with Dan Woottan somewhat highlighted that.

Back to GB News and even by their standards baffling to get in Peter Andre for what is probably their newsiest show of the day.   Guessing Stephen Dixon is away as well.   Is Anne Diamond still doing weekends?

Well, he was a royal correspondent for the BBC, before being sacked for making absurd claims about the royal family and declaring his love for Princess Anne...

RE: GB News - Joe - 31-05-2023

Was that before or after Mysterious Girl?

RE: GB News - Brekkie - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 10:45 AM)Joe Wrote:  Was that before or after Mysterious Girl?

Ah, is that who the song was about?

RE: GB News - lepeterrr - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 10:45 AM)Joe Wrote:  Was that before or after Mysterious Girl?
Google Little Britain  Smile

RE: GB News - JLav25 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 10:51 AM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Google Little Britain  Smile

From about 16:40 onwards https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00c3wwg/little-britain-series-1-episode-4?seriesId=b006t7db