Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 12:38 AM)XIII Wrote:  My issue with Eamonn is that he's coming across as petty and bitter calling Carolyn McCall Dame EasyJet, you can criticise people without giving them silly nicknames. 

It's a shame because he's a good broadcaster.
He probably is bitter, but can you blame him after everything that went on?

RE: GB News - DavidWhitfield - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:41 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Of course the reality is that ITV Daytime has pretty much morphed into Daily Mail TV over the last couple of years, but that's still not right wing enough for them.
Respectfully, I really cannot see where this is coming from. ITV Daytime presenters include people who are openly very left-wing, for example Adil Ray and Ed Balls, alongside folk about whom I know nothing of their political persuasion, e.g. Dermot O'Leary, Lorraine Kelly etc. Loose Women has so many different people in their line-ups, there are a mixture of all views represented there.

I think - and this isn't aimed specifically at you but is more a comment on the human condition generally - if you have a strong proclivity toward one side of the spectrum, you'll find yourself noticing when the other side of the argument is represented with disproportionate regard. When you hear people giving views you agree with, their speech washes over you. When someone is saying something you entirely disagree with, it fires you up and sticks in your memory. Similar to being more likely to refer to a bad experience you recently had in a restaurant, while the ten perfectly good experiences sit tucked away silently at the back of your mind. If you were very right-wing, you could easily look at the ITV Daytime output and find reason to grumble it's too left-leaning, and if you were very left-wing, you could look at the same output and find reason to argue it leans too far right.

Pairings like Richard Madeley and Susanna Reid seem to have a good 'yin and yang' quality about them, Lorraine very seldom gets political in any event and, as referenced, the Loose Women team has people from all backgrounds and persuasions so there's always someone to give an opposing view there. Ultimately, I think it's about as balanced as you could reasonably ever expect.

RE: GB News - harshy - 31-05-2023

Well I think there is no such thing as a happy family, as that Talking Telephone Number clips shows, Philip does have a temper he just got lucky as his early career was supported by a gopher, as a kid I was very much a fan of him but now the illusion is shattered.

I am pretty sure Eamonn had issues with some at the staff at GMTV and he wasn’t easy to work with either but I can’t remember who said that.

RE: GB News - Alf Stewart - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 11:36 AM)harshy Wrote:  Well I think there is no such thing as a happy family, as that Talking Telephone Number clips shows, Philip does have a temper he just got lucky as his early career was supported by a gopher, as a kid I was very much a fan of him but now the illusion is shattered.

I am pretty sure Eamonn had issues with some at the staff at GMTV and he wasn’t easy to work with either but I can’t remember who said that.

This is something that occurred to.me the other day. I'm sure Anthea Turner could tell a few tales about Eamonn if she felt so inclined.

RE: GB News - Jon - 31-05-2023

Anthea Turner is on good terms with Eamonn, I believe she started appearing on This Morning with him and believe she’s appeared on his GB News show. I’m not sure we know why they fell out either, could have been either party at fault or a bit of both.

Back to the idea Eamonn is limiting his options of other telly gigs, the current top dogs at ITV probably wouldn’t be that happy to give him a gig again, but they might find themselves out of jobs soon. It also only takes one manager to be determined to employe him perhaps a former This Morning worker who’d risen to the top? I think there’s also a few options in radio. He would bring instant credibility in one of the post Jeremy Vine slots on Channel 5 for example maybe even with Ruth.

That said the offers probably weren’t piling in the first place. Part of the reason why Eamon went GB News.

RE: GB News - NI92 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 11:49 AM)Jon Wrote:  Anthea Turner is on good terms with Eamonn, I believe she started appearing on This Morning with him and believe she’s appeared on his GB News show. I’m not sure we know why they fell out either, could have been either party at fault or a bit of both.

Eamon hosted a Friday night show on BBC NI around 10 or so years ago that name escapes me but Anthea Turner was a guest and they kissed and made up

RE: GB News - Jon - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 11:02 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Respectfully, I really cannot see where this is coming from. ITV Daytime presenters include people who are openly very left-wing, for example Adil Ray and Ed Balls, alongside folk about whom I know nothing of their political persuasion, e.g. Dermot O'Leary, Lorraine Kelly etc. Loose Women has so many different people in their line-ups, there are a mixture of all views represented there.
I assume Brekkie is talking about more the mix of topics and the types of debates covered in these shows being quite tabloid rather than the politics of the presenters.

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 11:36 AM)harshy Wrote:  Well I think there is no such thing as a happy family, as that Talking Telephone Number clips shows, Philip does have a temper he just got lucky as his early career was supported by a gopher, as a kid I was very much a fan of him but now the illusion is shattered.

We've all had issues with colleagues at some point. It's part and parcel of working life, sadly. I know there are people who worked with him at Sky (our very own Skygeek is among them) who have got nothing but good to say about Eamonn.

(31-05-2023, 11:49 AM)Jon Wrote:  Back to the idea Eamonn is limiting his options of other telly gigs, the current top dogs at ITV probably wouldn’t be that happy to give him a gig again, but they might find themselves out of jobs soon. It also only takes one manager to be determined to employe him perhaps a former This Morning worker who’d risen to the top? I think there’s also a few options in radio. He would bring instant credibility in one of the post Jeremy Vine slots on Channel 5 for example maybe even with Ruth.
He did drive on TalkRadio for a couple of years... his replacement was none other than Dan Wootton!

RE: GB News - Skygeek - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 12:20 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  We've all had issues with colleagues at some point. It's part and parcel of working life, sadly. I know there are people who worked with him at Sky (our very own Skygeek is among them) who have got nothing but good to say about Eamonn.

He did drive on TalkRadio for a couple of years... his replacement was none other than Dan Wootton!

I *could* tell the story of the night Jon Snow and I nearly accidentally knocked Lee Ryan from Blue unconscious while Eamonn watched on - fully dressed as Elvis.

I could... but I won't.

RE: GB News - JamesWorldNews - 31-05-2023

And where is Anne Diamond?

So what’s the general feedback on Andre? Marks out of ten, all things considered?