Pres Café
GB News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: GB News (/showthread.php?tid=29)

RE: GB News - XIII - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:14 AM)Keith Wrote:  It's perhaps telling that the Mail online (where Dan is a columnist) currently have as their top story a headline that contains the phrase "ex-Guardian chief at the helm of ITV".  With this in mind I can't help thinking this could also be a left vs right wing newspaper rivalry, which has spilled over into GB News.  I'm guessing it plays quite well with the channel's target audience.

Given Carolyn McCall hasn't worked at the Guardian for quite some time, seems a bit of an odd way to attack her. Also, it does come across as a bit snobby by Eamonn to call her 'Dame EasyJet'.

RE: GB News - London Lite - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 02:45 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  And where is Anne Diamond?

So what’s the general feedback on Andre? Marks out of ten, all things considered?

Well he's better than Michelle Dewberry, I'll give him that. But it was Ellie who 'drove' the show.

In all honesty, Peter is a nice bloke, but he's not the right fit for GB News. I can only think that he's friends with Angelos Frangopoulos, another Aussie ex-pat who is the chief executive of the channel.

RE: GB News - Studio7 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 03:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Well he's better than Michelle Dewberry, I'll give him that.  But it was Ellie who 'drove' the show.

In all honesty, Peter is a nice bloke, but he's not the right fit for GB News.  I can only think that he's friends with Angelos Frangopoulos, another Aussie ex-pat who is the chief executive of the channel.
He's no stranger to television presenting. In fact he's probably done more presenting than Michelle Dewberry! (Granted much less live TV, but he at least knows how to read autocue). VERY unusual choice for a news channel, but, I concede, a great bit of stunt casting.

(31-05-2023, 02:45 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  And where is Anne Diamond?
I reckon she's gone, done a Kirsty Gallacher and disappeared. Would be very surprised if she comes back. Shame. She and Stephen Dixon were an inspired pairing. (Though I do believe Anne was originally only there as a stand-in. An eight week fill-in gig, I seem to recall it being touted as.)

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 04:54 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  He's no stranger to television presenting. In fact he's probably done more presenting than Michelle Dewberry! (Granted much less live TV, but he at least knows how to read autocue). VERY unusual choice for a news channel, but, I concede, a great bit of stunt casting.

I reckon she's gone, done a Kirsty Gallacher and disappeared. Would be very surprised if she comes back. Shame. She and Stephen Dixon were an inspired pairing. (Though I do believe Anne was originally only there as a stand-in. An eight week fill-in gig, I seem to recall it being touted as.)
She’s been recording videos for a cruise company, so she’s not ill. She had said originally that she was only there for three months.

That much isn’t odd. What’s odd is how Stephen Dixon and others insist she hasn’t left, and her name is still in the titles. She also appears in trailers.

It’s been six months now since she last appeared. I am certain she is gone….but why do they pretend she hasn’t?

Anyway much as I liked Stephen with Anne, Ellie is arguably better and she and Stephen are a great pairing.

RE: GB News - Jon - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 06:42 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  She’s been recording videos for a cruise company, so she’s not ill. She had said originally that she was only there for three months.

That much isn’t odd. What’s odd is how Stephen Dixon and others insist she hasn’t left, and her name is still in the titles. She also appears in trailers.

It’s been six months now since she last appeared. I am certain she is gone….but why do they pretend she hasn’t?

Anyway much as I liked Stephen with Anne, Ellie is arguably better and she and Stephen are a great pairing.
Maybe she’s on a six month cruise?

RE: GB News - Scrotnig - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 07:14 PM)Jon Wrote:  Maybe she’s on a six month cruise?
You’d think they’d just say that instead of all the odd language about a “sabbatical” and suchlike.

RE: GB News - Jon - 31-05-2023

I was half joking, however Jennie Bond was working on a cruise ship when the old Queen died.

Guess Diamond could still be ill and recording videos for a cruise ship could be a very quick job and possibly done from home, compared to continues presenting for 3 hours three times a week.

But you wouldn’t past GB News, that she’s left and they haven’t got round to removing her from the listings given their past form with presenters.

RE: GB News - Andrew - 31-05-2023

After Peter Andre this morning, Dan has an EXCLUSIVE interview with Kerry Katona tonight on the “Schofe scandal effecting woke ITV”

RE: GB News - qwerty123 - 31-05-2023

(31-05-2023, 08:45 PM)Jon Wrote:  I was half joking, however Jennie Bond was working on a cruise ship when the old Queen died.

Guess Diamond could still be ill and recording videos for a cruise ship could be a very quick job and possibly done from home, compared to continues presenting for 3 hours three times a week.

But you wouldn’t past GB News, that she’s left and they haven’t got round to removing her from the listings given their past form with presenters.

Wouldn’t put it past GB News to announce it themselves but the absence of any comment of her disappearance by certain other outlets that seem to enjoy posting anything they think can put GB News in even a slightly negative light and who have used the other disappearances to do so almost immediately could well suggest this one is a genuine absence for reasons that Anne would like to keep private (and for which any person in a normal job would be afforded privacy where requested).

RE: GB News - Andrew - 31-05-2023

This Jim Davidson section is ridiculous. Jim just makes silly comments such as Holly being two of his favourites, and Dan just grins along like it’s the best thing he’s ever heard

Dan has also basically spent the best part of 4 hours air time trying to get Carolyn McCall sacked. That’s who his target is now.