Pres Café
BBC/ITV South East News - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: BBC/ITV South East News (/showthread.php?tid=300)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - Nobby - 18-09-2023

Something slightly different about BBC South East Today this evening. Charlotte Wright is presenting which may not be her first time but it's quite unusual for her to present the 18:30 programme.

There are some reporters I have not seen before and Simon Jones' live from Dover while not exactly 4:3, did have black bars on the sides.

Maybe it's nothing or maybe the regular team have a birthday party to attend this evening.

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - London Lite - 19-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 06:46 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Something slightly different about BBC South East Today this evening. Charlotte Wright is presenting which may not be her first time but it's quite unusual for her to present the 18:30 programme.

There are some reporters I have not seen before and Simon Jones' live from Dover while not exactly 4:3, did have black bars on the sides.

Maybe it's nothing or maybe the regular team have a birthday party to attend this evening.

It was the Kent Make a Difference Awards, so I expect a lot of SET/Radio Kent staff were in Gillingham. Radio Kent Breakfast presenter Anna Cookson reported for SET.

I also spotted freelancer Louisa Pilbeam who does a fair bit on the NC and Breakfast with a VT and political reporter for Politics SE and Radio Sussex Ben Weisz did a live from Hove.

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - London Lite - 26-09-2023

SET launches their new set tomorrow evening. Natalie had a preview of the new set on the main bulletin this evening.

From first impressions, it's very small.

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - RhysJR - 26-09-2023

(26-09-2023, 09:54 PM)London Lite Wrote:  SET launches their new set tomorrow evening.  Natalie had a preview of the new set on the main bulletin this evening.

An image below

https://x.com/MirandaSchunke/status/1706774796904587353?s=20 

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - lepeterrr - 26-09-2023

(26-09-2023, 09:54 PM)London Lite Wrote:  SET launches their new set tomorrow evening.  Natalie had a preview of the new set on the main bulletin this evening.

Indeed, never realised how low the ceiling was in there aswell, the top 'bar' is tiny!
Nice to see another one ticked off, how many more are left now?

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - UTVLifer - 26-09-2023

It does look quite small compared to some of the other regions's LED boxes

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - Phil - 26-09-2023

I'm pretty sure it's the same size as all the others, just a bit lower due to the restricted grid height.

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - Steve in Pudsey - 27-09-2023

Isn't it SET that have problems with accoustics because it was originally envisaged as a set within the newsroom so the separation was poor and having more than one mic fully open sounded awful (a problem for short bulletins without a sound op)? I wonder if they took the time to put up a proper wall rather than a curtain into the newsroom?

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - Mike - 27-09-2023

(26-09-2023, 10:53 PM)Phil Wrote:  I'm pretty sure it's the same size as all the others, just a bit lower due to the restricted grid height.

I'm confident Birmingham's is bigger, oddly, despite always being referred to as 'tiny' or small. This looks far more cramped than theirs, the desk/sofa seems far closer to the monolith.

Height not just being the limiting factor, the grid is low at TW because the space is converted office space, I had previously posted a structural plan of it. BBC English Regions were going through a rather experimental phase when SET launched and they had much the same corporate set at the time but rotate the view 180 degrees and you'd see the newsroom. Over time they built walls to create an enclosed studio for one reason or another but the converted office space doesn't change. Just a lick of black paint, stripping back the ceiling tiles and internal fabrication and a new wall with soundproofing - it's still an office.

RE: BBC/ITV South East News - London Lite - 27-09-2023

(27-09-2023, 12:29 AM)Mike Wrote:  Height not just being the limiting factor, the grid is low at TW because the space is converted office space, I had previously posted a structural plan of it. BBC English Regions were going through a rather experimental phase when SET launched and they had much the same corporate set at the time but rotate the view 180 degrees and you'd see the newsroom. Over time they built walls to create an enclosed studio for one reason or another but the converted office space doesn't change. Just a lick of black paint, stripping back the ceiling tiles and internal fabrication and a new wall with soundproofing - it's still an office.

Indeed, BBC London launched from what I think was a balcony overlooking the newsroom at the former Radio Times building in Marylebone High Street which was already the home of BBC local radio in the capital. Presentation became a lot more mainstream when BBC London News and Radio London moved to BH.