Pres Café
Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years (/showthread.php?tid=319)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Josh - 03-04-2023

You get Premium for all of the Bauer stations.

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - London Lite - 03-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 08:05 PM)Josh Wrote:  You get Premium for all of the Bauer stations.

Which will be soon absorbed into one app/website called Rayo. Currently Bauer use a clunky set-up for all their brands with Planet Radio being the brand used for browsers, while each radio station has their own app that can access each other's stations including the Premium, but if you want audio on demand, you have to download each station app to access it.

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Brekkie - 03-04-2023

Didn't even realise there was a Popmaster game - guess that's something that couldn't be plugged on Radio 2.

Were any other features carried over considering Gary Davies is still doing them? Did Ken play Radio 2 at their own game with something like "Songs of My Life"?

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Stooky Bill - 04-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 10:29 AM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  Popmaster about to start after the Bryan Ferry song playing now . . .

EDIT:
With a rather muted electronic remake of the classic Popmaster opening jingle/theme Pity they were unable to bring the classic version along to GHR!
Ironically Chris Moyles is still playing the Radio 2 Popmaster jingle on his show

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - James2001 - 04-04-2023

Noticed the Top 10 at 10 has become the "Top 10 till Ken" and has moved to 9... I'm guessing Ken didn't want it as part of his show.

Looks like Mark's been moved to Pat Sharp's slot (and Kate Thornton's taken over his Smash Hits chart show)... glad Mark's still got a regular slot, but sad to see Pat go from GHR, unless he's going to reappear somewhere else.

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Larry the Loafer - 04-04-2023

Quite a few issues with the phone lines this morning where the contestants either couldn't the bonus question or said that Ken was breaking up. Is it just me or is the call quality notably worse than what it was on Radio 2?

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Stooky Bill - 04-04-2023

(04-04-2023, 10:48 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Looks like Mark's been moved to Pat Sharp's slot p(and Kate Thornton's taken over his Smash Hits chart show)... glad Mark's still got a regular slot, but sad to see Pat go from GHR, unless he's going to reappear somewhere else.
Yes it was announced a while ago that Pat Sharp was leaving and being replaced with Mark Goodier. However he left even earlier than planned after this incident:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64900345 

It is a shame as I did quite like listening to him on the weekends. Although the nostalgia value is more for me as I grew up in London, whereas to my wife he's the bloke from Fun House.

Apparently (and it wasn't obvious to me) Pat recorded his shows whereas Mark will be live which is a bonus. 

Andy Crane has been filling in for both Pat and Simon Mayo recently, he's very good and a well known name but has been on lates for a few years. He deserves a better slot

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - James2001 - 04-04-2023

It's getting a bit tiring hearing people who moved over from Radio 2 to listen to Ken keep saying GHR should be playing more modern music too... one of the reasons I listen to GHR is because I don't have to put up with the likes of Ed Sheeran or Adele. Plenty of other stations out there for people who want a mix of old and new music, there's enough AC clone stations without turning GHR into one.

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - Jon - 04-04-2023

I guess it’s understandable that there is an expectation as they’re clearly going after Radio 2 listeners by signing up two of their big name presenters the music would span similar decades.

RE: Ken Bruce to leave BBC Radio 2 show after 31 years - bilky asko - 04-04-2023

(04-04-2023, 02:30 PM)James2001 Wrote:  It's getting a bit tiring hearing people who moved over from Radio 2 to listen to Ken keep saying GHR should be playing more modern music too... one of the reasons I listen to GHR is because I don't have to put up with the likes of Ed Sheeran or Adele. Plenty of other stations out there for people who want a mix of old and new music, there's enough AC clone stations without turning GHR into one.

Perhaps some of it is a legacy of the stations they took over that didn't confine themselves to 1970-1999