Pres Café
Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Brookside to Stream on STV Player (/showthread.php?tid=325)

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 03-06-2023

Shot of cars driving into the close in episode 94, no sign of the security lodge or barrier, that must have been built later.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 03-06-2023

Eps 99 and 100 have an interesting bit in the credits expressing thanks to Belfast. After that on each episode there's a credit which has obviously hastily been added as it doesn't match the rest (outline rather than drop shadow) and there's evidence of a non-sync cut either side.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 03-06-2023

I think there was a similar credit in the Isle of Man episodes as well. Didn't notice any non sync cut though.

I'm only up to episode 94 though... as I said I've been busy the last few weeks and got behind!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - TheRealWB - 04-06-2023

Episode 96 showing Brookside was way ahead of it's time with a post-credits sequence!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Scrotnig - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 03:18 AM)TheRealWB Wrote:  Episode 96 showing Brookside was way ahead of its time with a post-credits sequence!
Which is great if you’re on one of the platforms where it still won’t let you watch the credits right to the end! I wish they’d sort that.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - sjames - 04-06-2023

I know some of you on here have been looking for a proper episode guide ever since Brookside Soapbox closed down, and the Brooksideepisodes site which no longer works.

I've been working on this for a while now but can fully say that a new Brookside fan site has arisen from the ashes - We Love Brookside! I used to be a mod on the Soapbox forum, so have been given permission to use content from that site to help form the basis of the new site, but I want to develop it further. It's still very much work in progress at the moment with more to added in the coming weeks, but you can now take a look at - www.welovebrookside.co.uk .

Enjoy!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 04-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 03:18 AM)TheRealWB Wrote:  Episode 96 showing Brookside was way ahead of it's time with a post-credits sequence!

Oh - as usual STV just cut to the next.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Stuart - 05-06-2023

(04-06-2023, 06:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Oh - as usual STV just cut to the next.
That happens to me too on the Sky version of STV Player.  Unless you press back-up to cancel, it just jumps to the start of the next episode.

I think STV are reading this thread, as I now get adverts between the different parts of each episode, which I previously bragged about not having on Sky.

That'll teach me! Blush

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 07-06-2023

Eps 101 and 102 (haven't got further, yet) have the blurriest credits yet. Strange because the rest of the episode doesn't seem to be any poorer in quality.

It's sometime soon the blue is banished in favour of a wide shot of the close isn't it?

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 07-06-2023

(07-06-2023, 05:48 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Eps 101 and 102 (haven't got further, yet) have the blurriest credits yet. Strange because the rest of the episode doesn't seem to be any poorer in quality.

It's sometime soon the blue is banished in favour of a wide shot of the close isn't it?

Think it's the last one in this set.