Pres Café
Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Brookside to Stream on STV Player (/showthread.php?tid=325)

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 13-06-2023

Amusing to realise that the reporter who interviewed Shiela in episode 104 was the same person who played Nanny in Count Duckula.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - TheRealWB - 13-06-2023

(13-06-2023, 10:04 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Amusing to realise that the reporter who interviewed Shiela in episode 104 was the same person who played Nanny in Count Duckula.
He was also a writer on Danger Mouse and, according to IMDB he's credited as a writer on Futurama, albeit one episode

Who knew there was a link between Brookside and Futurama?!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 13-06-2023

I'm just picturing him saying "duckie boos" in that silly voice and I can't take the interview seriously.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 15-06-2023

No end of part one/part two captions on episode 106, just goes straight in and out of the break.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 15-06-2023

And a guidance warning on episode 107 advising only over 18s should watch. That's the first one I recall.

(EDIT: Nothing really - just a stage school punch up and someone going a bit excessive on the make up, but you see far worse in Casualty).

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 15-06-2023

I noticed on the credits at the end of episode 105, there's some tape damage near the start, but they've cut it out on 106 (so it jumps from the writers credit to the cast credits half way up the screen).

I'm guessing there's actually no individual versions of episodes 105 and 106 in existence, only the combined version that went out, so they've spliced the credits from the end of 106 onto the end of 105 (but cut the tape damage out on the latter, but not the former).

I do wonder what's going on with the End of Part One/Part Two captions though. The video posted from the UK Living showing showed badly mocked up captions on episode 105 (which we can presume Living made themselves as there weren't any on the tape), but the proper captions on the STV player version (which they likely took from another episode), though I wonder why if STV went to the effort of splicing them onto episode 105, they didn't on 106 (or why Living didn't take the captions from another episode rather than make the bad mock).

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 16-06-2023

One of the episodes on the most recent batch had a lot of tape artefacts showing - most visibly around the 'Brookside' text on the titles.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 16-06-2023

It does seem a bit strange with the content we've had in some of these episodes, like the swearing and Paul's casual racism, there's been no pop ups or pin requests, but we get one on a pretty run of the mill soap fight scene.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Alf Stewart - 21-06-2023

Watching the latest batch I think the shows really found its feet now. The original batch of characters have bedded in well and it has a familiarity about it now.

Must admit Marie's insistence on calling Harold's gnomes dwarves made me chuckle and Harold's N-O-M-E-S GNOMES retort was brilliant even though I half expected it was coming!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 21-06-2023

It has found it's stride but I have found the last couple of weeks or so a bit more of a struggle - perhaps getting a bit repetitive.