Pres Café
Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Brookside to Stream on STV Player (/showthread.php?tid=325)

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 08-08-2023

I live in the suburbs. People keep chickens, some more free range than others...

Good spot tho!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 08-08-2023

I keep chickens myself (though only since April, I think my recent familiarity with them is what caused me to notice it more), but it's fair to say I've never seen any other than my own out and about!

No doubt that it's a chicken though from taking a capture and slowing it down:

[Image: g6uld6g6ouae.gif]

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 13-08-2023

One interesting thing on Episode 150- Barry and Terry find out that what they thought were VCRs were actually CED video disc players (quite likely swapped out of spite by the gangster whose car they borrowed without permission), RCA actually announced they were discontinuing CEDs on 4th April 1984- the very same day that episode was broadcast.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 13-08-2023

(13-08-2023, 03:55 PM)James2001 Wrote:  One interesting thing on Episode 150- Barry and Terry find out that what they thought were VCRs were actually CED video disc players (quite likely swapped out of spite by the gangster whose car they borrowed without permission), and the CED players actually stopped manuacture on the 4th April 1984- the very same day that episode was broadcast.

They were CED Videodisc boxes when they put them in the car in the first place. These things were failing in the market for exactly the reason Terry said at the time; at this point people were primarily buying video player/recorders to record telly, the ability to buy or rent was very much a secondary advantage. 

They were the butt of jokes in the same way that things like Rabbit and BSB would later be.

Amazing coincidence on the timing though!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 13-08-2023

I love things to like the reference to the Cup Final and Grand National which gave the impression tge show existed in the real world rather than a parallel world where outside events are usually not mentioned.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 23-08-2023

Episode 157 credits Amanda Burton as 'Heather Haversham (formerly Huntingdon)'. Never seen a credit so verbose before!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 24-08-2023

159 seems to lack a proper advert break

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 26-08-2023

Yeah, watching now, just crashes in and out the break, strange. Episode 106 was like that, but that was down to it originally being broadcast as an omnibus with 105 and seemingly there weren't seperate versions of the episodes made. In this case, looking at the schedule episode 159 went out as normal in a 30 minute slot, so seems strange there doesn't seem to be a break.

Abrupt cut into the end credits as well, maybe they had to edit down from the omnibus version for some reason, and there wasn't an ad break in the first half?

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 31-08-2023

Sean Wilson (Martin Platt in Corrie) making a very brief appearance as a non speaking extra in 161.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Stuart - 31-08-2023

A sixth episode dropped this week on STV Player (on Sky) which suddenly jumped from Ep165 (29/05/84) to Ep242 (19/02/85).

I'll wait for them all to download to see if the last one actually works. They also seem to have reverted to sans adverts between the two parts of the episodes.