Pres Café
Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Brookside to Stream on STV Player (/showthread.php?tid=325)

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 06-11-2023

Must say I only intended to watch the first few to get a bit of a nostalgia fix and leave it at that, but I've watched all 200+ episodes so far and found them much more engaging than I expected. Probably works for us 80s/90s kids in the same way Heartbeat worked in the 90s as a call back to the 60s.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 08-11-2023

Was funny to see both Cliff Howells and Anna Keavney turn up in the Drama repeats of Casualty last week- though sadly not in the same episode. Anna had aged terribly considering it was only 9 years after these episodes of Brookside, and she already looked older than her 34 years in the 84 episodes of Brookside.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 08-11-2023

I'd have put them both in their early 40s in these Brookside eps. I couldn't stand Marie when she arrived but she's probably my favourite character now.

Thought the STV Player had finally got itself fixed in terms of skipping to the next episode last week but back to having to manually navigate to it yourself this week for me (on Firestick).

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - James2001 - 09-11-2023

Someone seemed to have discovered using the fade as a transition between scenes on this week's first couple of episodes, quite annoying!

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - bilky asko - 09-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 10:50 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Enjy Benjy was being used on Corrie for years in the 00s.

Which means that Les Dennis exists in a universe where the identical-looking Michael Rodwell also exists.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 09-11-2023

Feels like a daft thing to say about 20 year old eps of a soap opera - but when will they get around to changing the titles? The scenes of the close from the opening episodes (with Gary's BMW and Barry's Jag parked on the wrong drive before Alan showed up) feel particularly out of sync with the events playing out now.

20 year old episodes? They're nearly 40 years old!

The titles don't change until episode 500, which isn't until 1987.

(09-11-2023, 11:47 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  Which means that Les Dennis exists in a universe where the identical-looking Michael Rodwell also exists.

There was an episode in 1998 where they had an episode of The Lovers on the TV in the rovers... which stars someone who looks suspiciously like Tim's mum 🤔

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - Brekkie - 09-11-2023

Brookside wasn't even on air 20 years ago. That's how old we are now.

RE: Brookside to Stream on STV Player - WillPS - 09-11-2023

(09-11-2023, 12:00 PM)James2001 Wrote:  20 year old episodes? They're nearly 40 years old!

The titles don't change until episode 500, which isn't until 1987.
Ooof, painful reality check. Also it was clearly Gavin and not Gary as stated. More coffee needed...!

(09-11-2023, 12:31 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Brookside wasn't even on air 20 years ago.  That's how old we are now.

God, you're right... the 20th anniversary of the final episode was last week!