Pres Café
Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Industry News, Technology and Facilities (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements (/showthread.php?tid=337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - Moz - 27-03-2023

I’ve just retuned and I’ve got BBC One West Midlands HD. I used to get North West. How can I change this? On Freeview.

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - London Lite - 28-03-2023

(27-03-2023, 11:46 PM)Moz Wrote:  I’ve just retuned and I’ve got BBC One West Midlands HD. I used to get North West. How can I change this? On Freeview.

North West HD doesn't launch for another month. You should have BBC One HD still from Winter Hill and presumably BBC One Midlands HD from Fenton?

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - AaronLancs - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 12:10 AM)London Lite Wrote:  
(27-03-2023, 11:46 PM)Moz Wrote:  I’ve just retuned and I’ve got BBC One West Midlands HD. I used to get North West. How can I change this? On Freeview.

North West HD doesn't launch for another month.    You should have BBC One HD still from Winter Hill and presumably BBC One Midlands HD from Fenton?

An ironic observation if you will. The thing is that the BBC North West region was among the first set of regions to switchover to digital TV if not the first if memory serves.

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - nwtv2003 - 28-03-2023

The North West was the first big region in England to switch to digital completely, Border I believe was the first region to switch fully.

Though BBC North West was the first regional News programme to be produced in HD, but not actually viewable in HD until they launched Sky Glass/Stream and the likes.

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - AaronLancs - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 07:44 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  The North West was the first big region in England to switch to digital completely, Border I believe was the first region to switch fully.

Though BBC North West was the first regional News programme to be produced in HD, but not actually viewable in HD until they launched Sky Glass/Stream and the likes.

That is why I found some comments quite amusing over on the Blue Place when everyone asked why the handover from the BBC News at Six to BBC North West Tonight was so smooth and seamless. It was because those in the North West were the first to switchover and we had a certain level of having high production values.

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - Moz - 28-03-2023

(28-03-2023, 12:10 AM)London Lite Wrote:  

North West HD doesn't launch for another month.    You should have BBC One HD still from Winter Hill and presumably BBC One Midlands HD from Fenton?

Cool. Thank you.

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - mrwish - 28-03-2023

You should get the option after retuning to select a region (it’ll be something like UK England > North West). I’m guessing you’re in the crossover area between the Winter Hill and The Wrekin/Sutton Coldfield transmitters.

Otherwise you’ll have to reset the TV/Freeview box and do a manual scan frequency by frequency to get the specific versions you want.

Do you also have BBC One WM on 1 and ITV Central on 3/103 (HD)?

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - harshy - 28-03-2023

On my TV it didn’t say anything so I just returned it anyway so looks like is a bbc 1 yorks SD and an HD

RE: BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023 - Stooky Bill - 28-03-2023

Surely this should be in the HD DTT regions thread not the satellite one?

Mod note (Frappé) - Posts moved thanks. Smile There's always a 'report post > Wrong forum' feature if you need to flag this too.

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Earlie37 - 22-04-2023

So this Wednesday, the following regions should also see the end of the red screen on DTT....

North East & Cumbria, North West, West, South West, South (incl. Oxford), East (incl. Cambridge) and South East.

I'm sure the 26th April was originally listed as 'to be confirmed / subject to change' on this page... https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/articles/2023/changes-bbc-one-hd-freeview-youview-england  . However, I can't see that tag now so I'm guessing it's on plan to go ahead.