Pres Café
Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Industry News, Technology and Facilities (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements (/showthread.php?tid=337)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - agentsquash - 22-04-2023

It’ll be nice to see NWT in HD on Freeview, only 11 years after they first moved into MediaCity.

I did start to wonder if the mark 1 studio would be decommissioned before it happened…

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - nwtv2003 - 22-04-2023

For what it’s worth a message has appeared on PSB3 channels from Winter Hill advising of a retune on Wednesday, so it’s definitely happening.

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Worzel - 23-04-2023

(22-04-2023, 08:53 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  For what it’s worth a message has appeared on PSB3 channels from Winter Hill advising of a retune on Wednesday, so it’s definitely happening.

Same with Sandy Heath.

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Worzel - 26-04-2023

Today's the day the red slate of death gets fully retired from BBC One HD with the remaining England Freeview regions making the switch.

I'm curious to finally see how ropey Look East from Norwich with their 13+ year old set and even older cameras looks.

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - James Vertigan - 26-04-2023

EPG from Huntshaw still says “This is BBC One HD” for the regional slots this morning even after a retune.

(26-04-2023, 09:46 AM)James Vertigan Wrote:  EPG from Huntshaw still says “This is BBC One HD” for the regional slots this morning even after a retune.

Hmm. A search seems to show that the changes last month happened at 11am so maybe that will be the same time today.

Happened at 11am as expected. Was watching BBC One HD at the time then my TV randomly switched to 5Select. Switching back to 101 and it’s now labelled BBC One SW HD

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - Spencer - 26-04-2023

Now that PSB2 is fully regionalised to accommodate BBC One HD variations, does that mean that more areas are getting their correct ITV1 HD region too? So no more Granada in Berwick Upon Tweed or Central in Plymouth?

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - London Lite - 26-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 01:47 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Now that PSB2 is fully regionalised to accommodate BBC One HD variations, does that mean that more areas are getting their correct ITV1 HD region too? So no more Granada in Berwick Upon Tweed or Central in Plymouth?

The existing ITV1 HD macro regions on Freeview are staying for now.

RE: Freeview PSB3 HD Regional Arrangements - ChrisE - 26-04-2023

I usually switch from 101 to 1, when the lunchtime news is on.

Didn't bother today, and blow me, Andy Howard was reading the local news in HD.

I know it was signposted but I always thought I'll believe it when I see it.  Smile