Pres Café
BBC iPlayer - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: BBC iPlayer (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: BBC iPlayer - bilky asko - 23-09-2023

Good figures for "This is BBC One HD"

RE: BBC iPlayer - Ash101 - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 11:05 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Good figures for "This is BBC One HD"

Indeed, which isn’t on catch-up right? So does this grid include people watching “Live”. That’s the one that confused me

RE: BBC iPlayer - London Lite - 23-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 11:04 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Yes, people who shout about EastEnders' demise look at the linear ratings, but with EastEnders dropping on iPlayer the morning of broadcast, plus the broadcast clashing with Emmerdale, a lot of people will be watching it on there, I certainly do most days.

I've got into the habit of watching on iPlayer at 8pm, although I could watch slightly earlier.

RE: BBC iPlayer - interestednovice - 25-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 11:10 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Indeed, which isn’t on catch-up right? So does this grid include people watching “Live”. That’s the one that confused me

Unless the schedule variation they take is BBC One HD (as that was/is effectively a network version of BBC One) and that’s the way the data is presented for all regional news programmes together - so it could be the cumulative ratings of all the 6:30pm regional bulletins?

RE: BBC iPlayer - Brekkie - 26-09-2023

The Davis Cup figure is interesting - shows live sport exclusively on the iPlayer (it's increasingly not on the red button as well) is finding a decent audience.

RE: BBC iPlayer - DTV - 27-09-2023

(25-09-2023, 10:49 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Unless the schedule variation they take is BBC One HD (as that was/is effectively a network version of BBC One) and that’s the way the data is presented for all regional news programmes together - so it could be the cumulative ratings of all the 6:30pm regional bulletins?
I presume it would be, the BBC like to group them as, combined, they're frequently the most watched linear programme on most weekdays.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Johnr - 05-10-2023

I noticed Crimewatch Live can now be viewed on the iPlayer for 7 days rather than 24 hours, has there been a change in the law to allow that? (they always used to claim legal restrictions for the 24 hour limit previously)

RE: BBC iPlayer - Neil Jones - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 12:26 AM)Johnr Wrote:  I noticed Crimewatch Live can now be viewed on the iPlayer for 7 days rather than 24 hours, has there been a change in the law to allow that? (they always used to claim legal restrictions for the 24 hour limit previously)

Legal issues as in "it is illegal in the eyes of the law to do this, end of discussion" and legal issues as in "this is legal but may open up other issues" are not the same thing.

The Crimewatch Roadshow according to the iPlayer FAQ is still 24hrs, though I think that's an out of date entry because IIRC it was reformatted into Crimewatch Live a while back.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Gallunach - 06-10-2023

RTE don't put their version of Crimewatch , which is called Crimecall , on their player at all .

If you don't see it on the night live or on RTE+1 then that's it for legal means .

RE: BBC iPlayer - Steve in Pudsey - 06-10-2023

I guess the potential legal issue is sub judice? A suspect identified on the programme could be arrested and charged within the 7 days so having the programme still on iPlayer could prejudice a fair trial.

I think they put the individual reconstructions and appeals into the website and have procedures to take them down when a case gets to that stage, I wonder if they are reversioning Crimewatch Live for iPlayer to remove those bits?