Pres Café
BBC iPlayer - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: BBC iPlayer (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: BBC iPlayer - JACKLUFC1998 - 07-10-2023

How long does Two Pints have left on iPlayer until it goes off there for good? Or will they keep it on there until BBC3 stops showing the reruns of it on Saturday nights (especially now that Dave is also showing reruns of it on Thursday nights too)

RE: BBC iPlayer - Neil Jones - 07-10-2023

(07-10-2023, 01:52 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  How long does Two Pints have left on iPlayer until it goes off there for good? Or will they keep it on there until BBC3 stops showing the reruns of it on Saturday nights (especially now that Dave is also showing reruns of it on Thursday nights too)

Well I've just clicked a few random episodes and they're all showing as having one month availability.

I just don't get this show, maybe I'm well past the target audience for it now - though when it first came out I'd have been slap bang in the middle of said target audience - and I didn't get it then either.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Rdd - 07-10-2023

At one point not only was BBC Three not unjustly nicknamed “BBC Two Pints” for how often it aired, but it also hosted enough imitators to fill an evenings schedule. (There was a crossover at one stage!)

The show was insanely popular and ran for years (so long that most of its original cast had left by the end), for reasons I can’t quite fathom either.

RE: BBC iPlayer - ACTV - 07-10-2023

These days Two Pints of Lager takes up four hours (eight episodes) on Saturday nights - often the same four episodes shown twice in one night.

It does lead to Three on Sat evenings lacking in variety. Tonight is made up entirely of Early Man (which is a film), EastEnders, Two Pints and Juice.

thomalex - thomalex - 09-10-2023

(07-10-2023, 01:52 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  How long does Two Pints have left on iPlayer until it goes off there for good? Or will they keep it on there until BBC3 stops showing the reruns of it on Saturday nights (especially now that Dave is also showing reruns of it on Thursday nights too)

Have I gone through a worm hole here or is the BBC’s youth orientated channel actually showing episodes of Two Pints in 2023?

RE: BBC iPlayer - Neil Jones - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 09:23 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Have I gone through a worm hole here or is the BBC’s youth orientated channel actually showing episodes of Two Pints in 2023?

Ironic really that that programme is now older (in terms of first air date) than half of the target audience age range of BBC Three as a whole...

If they're still showing it in 2035 it will be older than the target age range!

Mind you that being said Andy Pandy, The Flowerpot Men (and I'm sure there was something else around that time) were made in the 1950s and still on air 20 odd years later, so there's already a precedent as such for that sort of airing things copiously... And of course they only made 26 episodes of Flowerpot Men and Andy Pandy in the first place!

RE: BBC iPlayer - JAS84 - 09-10-2023

Didn't they finally make new episodes of the Watch With Mother shows due to the switch to colour? Of course those new versions only lasted a few years before the branding finally bit the dust.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Neil Jones - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 05:37 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Didn't they finally make new episodes of the Watch With Mother shows due to the switch to colour? Of course those new versions only lasted a few years before the branding finally bit the dust.

Andy Pandy was remade not long after the switch to colour.
The Flowerpot Men wasn't remade until the turn of the century (and even then it was called Bill and Ben), and the show ultimately ended up on CBeebies, though it was just before the channel launched so it started on the BBC One/Two strands IIRC.

RE: BBC iPlayer - AndrewP - 09-10-2023

I remember watching the rebooted 2000s editions of both programmes as a child

If current trends continue we might get another in 15-20 years

RE: BBC iPlayer - UTVLifer - 11-10-2023

The BBC are launching their equivalent to ITVX's fast channels

Five to start with - Arts, History, Quiz, Louis Theroux and Real Lives
https://x.com/scottygb/status/1712151707315056685?s=46&t=uYc2nILLUU7TByduAbmbxg