Pres Café
BBC iPlayer - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: BBC iPlayer (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: BBC iPlayer - Keith - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 10:26 AM)Mike Wrote:  Seems to be an Edge issue. On Chrome it functions just fine - I've looked at cookies, location settings and my cache and it doesn't make the blindest bit of interest.
Worth noting that Edge and Chrome are both Chromium-based browsers, which use the same browser engine.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Mike - 08-11-2023

Oh I'm aware of that, I suspect it may be Edge storing my cookies somewhere unexpected and forcing my default choice on me.

RE: BBC iPlayer - ViridianFan - 11-11-2023

My Samsung smart tv has updated to the iplayer beta version. It’s a nightmare to navigate now. On the first page it used to have the continue to watch this has vanished. This was really handy if you were watch the next episode in a series. It’s starting to feel the bbc is on a mission to remove all useful features from their apps.

RE: BBC iPlayer - cable - 11-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 12:46 AM)ViridianFan Wrote:  It’s starting to feel the bbc is on a mission to remove all useful features from their apps.

AKA Delivering Quality First

RE: BBC iPlayer - interestednovice - 12-11-2023

(11-11-2023, 09:37 PM)cable Wrote:  AKA Delivering Quality First
Or also known as the More of Less Initiative!

“The fact is, this is about us identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

- Anna Rampton, Director of Better

RE: BBC iPlayer - ViridianFan - 14-11-2023

Someone heard my moan as the beta version didnt come up when I went to use it last night. I have got to say that the current version on the TV is much better, so I’ll loose that again soon. 

Nit picking here, but on the phone app under the explore section is the colour circle for BBC One the correct gradient. It looks very dark. I have to say that gradients aren’t the nicest in the world. They’re very dull, finally enough with the exception of bbc news channel which is despite its awful on air presentation. I also wonder if the idea with those circles was have the bbc logo at the top like it does on the news app, instead of the word search.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Stuart - 17-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 05:48 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Or also known as the More of Less Initiative!

“The fact is, this is about us identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”

- Anna Rampton, Director of Better
I have to seriously question any organisation which dumbs-down corporate titles to the level of things like 'Director of Better'. Dodgy

RE: BBC iPlayer - IanJRedman - 17-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 01:46 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I have to seriously question any organisation which dumbs-down corporate titles to the level of things like 'Director of Better'. Dodgy

It's from W1A Big Grin

RE: BBC iPlayer - Stuart - 17-11-2023

(17-11-2023, 01:55 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  It's from W1A Big Grin
My bad. I didn't ever watch it.  Tongue

RE: BBC iPlayer - interestednovice - 17-11-2023

Not your fault, I didn’t reference it directly in my post so you wouldn’t have known - which was pretty poor of me!

Mind you, what does it say about the current state of the BBC that the nonsense satirical statement I’d quoted from the show is plausible enough to be mistaken as a real life comment?!