Pres Café
BBC iPlayer - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: BBC iPlayer (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: BBC iPlayer - James2001 - 13-04-2023

I seem to remember there was one episode of the Fast Show where after staring at the camera for ages, Ed Winchester was cut off before he spoke... it might have been this one, would explain the lack of subtitling. Someone will need to dig up the broadcast version to be sure though!

RE: BBC iPlayer - Rob Francis - 13-04-2023

(13-04-2023, 10:29 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I seem to remember there was one episode of the Fast Show where after staring at the camera for ages, Ed Winchester was cut off before he spoke... it might have been this one, would explain the lack of subtitling. Someone will need to dig up the broadcast version to be sure though!

You are right, just as Ed's about to speak, it cuts straight to the titles.

RE: BBC iPlayer - James2001 - 13-04-2023

Another look at that episode shows the music is missing from the end credits, as well as a voiceover, the latter of which is in the subtitles. Quite interesting that the BBC even kept this incomplete edit, let alone put it up online nearly 30 years later.

RE: BBC iPlayer - James2001 - 20-04-2023

Looks like they've replaced that Fast Show episode with the broadcast version, hope you made the most of the early edit while it was there!

RE: BBC iPlayer - RhysJR - 24-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 10:53 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  On about DOGs, the BBC DOG seems to be absent on the BBC One Wales feed on iPlayer. I first noticed last night when I watched Match of the Day 2 on a c.15 mins delay, but just ended up on there again and it is still missing and has been for all of the last two hours. I checked BBC One England and BBC Two Wales and the DOG remains on both of those.
Three weeks later, there is still no BBC DOG on the BBC One Wales feed on iPlayer. Very odd.

RE: BBC iPlayer - rick - 25-04-2023

I thought cutting Ed off was the joke? We know his name, and are expecting to hear the catchphrase, so cutting him off to something else was planned? I could have swore it happened on an episode or two of the show, or I could be misremembering..!

RE: BBC iPlayer - James2001 - 25-04-2023

It is the joke, and it's quite clearly the joke in the completed, broadcast version of the episode- it was just less obvious in the incomplete edit which was on the iPlayer a couple of weeks ago where you could see him talking (but couldn't hear him).

RE: BBC iPlayer - RhysJR - 18-05-2023

(24-04-2023, 10:25 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  
(03-04-2023, 10:53 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  On about DOGs, the BBC DOG seems to be absent on the BBC One Wales feed on iPlayer. I first noticed last night when I watched Match of the Day 2 on a c.15 mins delay, but just ended up on there again and it is still missing and has been for all of the last two hours. I checked BBC One England and BBC Two Wales and the DOG remains on both of those.
Three weeks later, there is still no BBC DOG on the BBC One Wales feed on iPlayer. Very odd.

In the last week, the BBC DOG has returned to the BBC One Wales feed.

Also, I was watching stuff from Series 4 of Doctor Who on iPlayer yesterday and noticed the DOG has changed to the new logo. The same seems to be true of Series 3 bit not any other series pre-rebrand.

RE: BBC iPlayer - Stuart - 06-06-2023

(18-05-2023, 04:21 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Also, I was watching stuff from Series 4 of Doctor Who on iPlayer yesterday and noticed the DOG has changed to the new logo. The same seems to be true of Series 3 bit not any other series pre-rebrand.
I was doing the same, watching one of my favourite episodes last night (Turn Left).

Someone obviously thought it was a good idea not just to update the DOG on iPlayer, but also to put it needlessly lower down within the 16:9 safe area. Why not just slap it half way down the screen or even in the centre of the picture and have done with it?  Dodgy

RE: BBC iPlayer - London Lite - 06-06-2023

Outnumbered has also been reupped with the new logo.