Pres Café
You've Been Framed! - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: You've Been Framed! (/showthread.php?tid=357)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: You've Been Framed! - Brekkie - 23-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 05:24 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I admit I much preferred YBF when it was studio based, but I imagine it wasn't considered cost effective by the 00s and going out of vision kept the show going a lot longer than it would have.

I'm not so sure given the extra clips ditching the studio elements required, even if many were obviously not those sent in to earn their £250.

If they were genuinely paying £250 for every clip in a show I'd guess that's coming in at around £750-£1000 a minute.

RE: You've Been Framed! - James2001 - 23-02-2023

Still probably a lot less than it cost to hire a studio, crew, built a set, rig and de-rig it etc. Especially as a lot of clips, especially later on, were repeated from older shows or from abroad.

RE: You've Been Framed! - Spencer - 24-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 11:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(23-02-2023, 05:24 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I admit I much preferred YBF when it was studio based, but I imagine it wasn't considered cost effective by the 00s and going out of vision kept the show going a lot longer than it would have.

I'm not so sure given the extra clips ditching the studio elements required, even if many were obviously not those sent in to earn their £250.

If they were genuinely paying £250 for every clip in a show I'd guess that's coming in at around £750-£1000 a minute.
They’d only be paying £250 for the first showing of each British sourced clip. There were a lot of imported and repeated clips.

RE: You've Been Framed! - gottago - 24-02-2023

(23-02-2023, 11:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  

That really is nothing in TV terms. A bargain in fact. Still far, far cheaper than a studio.

RE: You've Been Framed! - James2001 - 24-02-2023

Not to mention you'd need several studio days to record a series, whereas they could likely get Harry in a recording booth and do all his voiceovers for a series in a single day.

RE: You've Been Framed! - Brekkie - 25-02-2023

I'd imagine Harry Hill put alot more time into scripting each episode than either Lisa or Jonathan did.

RE: You've Been Framed! - JLav25 - 26-02-2023

Saw a post about YBF today about “33 years on Saturday night”. I distinctly remember some episodes being on weekdays at 5 c. 2003. Were these repeats? I know ITV tried a lot of things in that slot before Paul O’Grady, and later The Chase were successful in the slot

RE: You've Been Framed! - Gary Baldy - 26-02-2023

I vaguely remember this too- was it Wilkes or Riley hosting them? They may have just been repeats- but I do recall ITV struggling with that 5pm slot- it wasn’t long after they’d lost their regions I don’t think, so they needed some filler.

RE: You've Been Framed! - ACTV - 26-02-2023

During the Beadle era, YBF! was almost always shown on a Sunday night, usually at about 7.30pm, 8pm or 8.30pm.

The first Lisa Riley episode went out at 8.30pm on Friday 4th September 1998, but then moved back to Sunday.

I don't think it really established itself as a Saturday night fixture until Harry Hill took over.

RE: You've Been Framed! - VMPhil - 26-02-2023

When Wilkes took over, it was still a proper studio programme with a set and audience. That was when the orange and blue look that lasted for ages was introduced.

Then when Wilkes flopped his last episodes came from a house or an office with no audience, or that’s how I recall it.

At this point, I’d like everyone to remember Wilkes’ catchphrase, the worst catchphrase in the history of television: “I’m sorry but I don’t have a catchphrase”.

Then Harry took over and it became voiceover only from then on. Harry pretty much saved the show but it did turn into more of a filler programme than a Saturday night highlight.