Pres Café
Red Nose Day - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Red Nose Day (/showthread.php?tid=372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Red Nose Day - JMT1985 - 17-03-2023

So their first total stands at £19,082,835 - very good total

I found AJ Odudu really poor at presenting on the show tonight - compared to David and Joel, her delivery was wooden, sorry.

For a three hour event, do we really need five presenters for three hours on air?

The Traitors sketch is trying too hard to be the 2011 James Corden routine. "Smithy to the Rescue".

The writing is dreadful, even Stephen Merchant said so in the sketch.

Also, I have noticed they have not included the laughter from the studio audience - maybe frightened no one will actually laugh

RE: Red Nose Day - Brekkie - 17-03-2023

The Traitors sketch is the best thing they've done for years. Dawn's ever changing Claudia was brilliant.

(17-03-2023, 09:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Traitors sketch is the best thing they've done for years.  Dawn's ever changing Claudia was brilliant.
Problem is, the bar has been set so low in the last decade for good comedy on the night, that it makes what is a weak sketch look actually ok. 

For me, it was boring. Needed big name stars on it, instead we got what? Anne Robinson for pity sake.

RE: Red Nose Day - Ash101 - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 09:31 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Tonight's show is bland and boring once again.

They have missed a massive chance to create something special by having a clip from the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who coming this November - the wait for fans is so long, and since David is there, we thought they would have something lined up, instead a cheap regeneration bit at the start and that is it apparently, unless they pull something out of the hat before 10pm.

Comic Relief and Children in Need are now boring - actually am glad they do not go beyond 10pm, can you imagine the utter drivel they would have to keep it going?

I’ve actually really enjoyed the content so far. Kylie on Ghosts was quirky, the Eurovision sketch was superb with lots of cameos as is The Traitors right now.

I guess yes, it’s more Children in Need Mark 2 than anything comedic or edgy like you’d expect from Red Nose Day of years gone by. But a good effort nevertheless with sketches that have clearly taken a while to put together.

RE: Red Nose Day - James2001 - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 08:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Tumble Tower finally got their wish with CBeebies content on Comic Relief!

Shame it wasn't Boogie Beebies though Wink

RE: Red Nose Day - Brekkie - 17-03-2023

The Traitors sketch worked because it's so current. This Stath Lets Flats sketch is falling completely flat because The X Factor and even charity single concept are relics of the past now.

RE: Red Nose Day - VMPhil - 17-03-2023

Stath Lets Flats - brilliant as per usual.

RE: Red Nose Day - tellyblues - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 10:08 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Traitors sketch worked because it's so current. This Stath Lets Flats sketch is falling completely flat because The X Factor and even charity single concept are relics of the past now.

Which is funny because The Traitors is an outdated concept.