Pres Café
Red Nose Day - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Red Nose Day (/showthread.php?tid=372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Red Nose Day - Newshound47 - 17-03-2023

The Ghost sketch only properly worked if you had ever seen the programme. If you haven’t like me it didn’t work well.

I do wonder if in a few years time they will just have the number on screen during normal programmes but the show is really unattractive.

The Eurovision sketch was very funny through I am suprised they had David Walliams involved after how he left BGT.

RE: Red Nose Day - Brekkie - 17-03-2023

The Flo and Joan sketch the only (not) live studio comedy of the night and brilliant - though reminding us of how much better it used to be. Used to have pretty much ever young comedian in the country live in the studio (or at least in a sketch) on the night - now it's five jobbing presenters.

Newshound47 - Newshound47 - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 10:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Flo and Joan sketch the only (not) live studio comedy of the night and brilliant - though reminding us of how much better it used to be.    Used to have pretty much ever young comedian in the country live in the studio (or at least in a sketch) on the night - now it's five jobbing presenters.

The main issue is few young comedians have ever appeared even on BBC2 let alone BBC1. It would look weird to have people with little mainstream recognition on Primetime Tv

RE: Red Nose Day - JMT1985 - 17-03-2023

30 years ago I was 7 and a half years old, and really enjoyed that Red Nose Day on BBC One, kicking off with Children's BBC in the afternoon on Friday 12th March 1993.

Comparing that night to tonight's event, it is like Comic Relief lost it's bottle and is a watered down version of what it used to be.

That night in 1993 had the following:

Mr Bean on Blind Date

Casualty-Comic Relief Special

Smashie and Nicey!

Game for a Game! Jonathan Ross hosts Comic Relief's ultimate television game, which involves every show from Family Fortunes to Mastermind and guests from Roy Hattersley to Frank Carson

The BBC Banned Audition Tapes: Another Comic Relief exclusive. Terry Wogan is revealed auditioning for the Monty Python team. Peter Sissons fails to finish what he started on Mastermind

Have I Got Sports News for You

French and Saunders and Prince and Barry White

One Foot in the Grave

Friday Night Live - Lives Again!

Comic Relief's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue!

Why can't the BBC put the effort into Comic Relief now in 2023 in the same way they did 30 years ago?

£31 million is a great total though!

Newshound47 - Newshound47 - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 10:59 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  30 years ago I was 7 and a half years old, and really enjoyed that Red Nose Day on BBC One, kicking off with Children's BBC in the afternoon on Friday 12th March 1993.

Comparing that night to tonight's event, it is like Comic Relief lost it's bottle and is a watered down version of what it used to be.

That night in 1993 had the following:

Mr Bean on Blind Date

Casualty-Comic Relief Special

Smashie and Nicey!

Game for a Game! Jonathan Ross hosts Comic Relief's ultimate television game, which involves every show from Family Fortunes to Mastermind and guests from Roy Hattersley to Frank Carson

The BBC Banned Audition Tapes: Another Comic Relief exclusive. Terry Wogan is revealed auditioning for the Monty Python team. Peter Sissons fails to finish what he started on Mastermind

Have I Got Sports News for You

French and Saunders and Prince and Barry White

One Foot in the Grave

Friday Night Live - Lives Again!

Comic Relief's Old, New, Borrowed and Blue!

Why can't the BBC put the effort into Comic Relief now in 2023 in the same way they did 30 years ago?

£31 million is a great total though!
Budget for one reason. Even through it’s for charity not everything is free.

RE: Red Nose Day - Brekkie - 17-03-2023

(17-03-2023, 10:45 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(17-03-2023, 10:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Flo and Joan sketch the only (not) live studio comedy of the night and brilliant - though reminding us of how much better it used to be.    Used to have pretty much ever young comedian in the country live in the studio (or at least in a sketch) on the night - now it's five jobbing presenters.

The main issue is few young comedians have ever appeared even on BBC2 let alone BBC1. It would look weird to have people with little mainstream recognition on Primetime Tv
They've been propping up House of Games for the last 6 years.

RE: Red Nose Day - Andrew - 18-03-2023

The best bits show is showing up the quality of entertainment in this years show

Presumably the highlights of the 10s/20s will be clips of presenters linking to VTs

RE: Red Nose Day - VMPhil - 18-03-2023

Not doing so good with their dates - the Tony Blair/Catherine Tate sketch was announced as being from 2009 (it was 2007) and the Royle Family as 2001 (it was 2009)

RE: Red Nose Day - Gary Baldy - 18-03-2023

All this best bits show is proving is how much better this telethon used to be.

RE: Red Nose Day - Johnr - 18-03-2023

I enjoyed the Celebrity Big Brother documentary on BBC2, a really fascinating look back in time 22 years (it really doesn't feel anywhere near that long ago!)