Pres Café
Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy (/showthread.php?tid=381)

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Alf Stewart - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:20 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 10:16 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Can they get someone to agree to do the voiceover in between all the matches?

Maybe it will have to be done by AI or a text to speech bot.

I know naff all about football but I'm happy to have a crack. I mean they're so desperate I could probably negotiate a pretty decent fee.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Adsales - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:20 PM)Andrew Wrote:  A full fat breaking news  push notification has just been sent out by BBC News confirming the format of tomorrow’s MOTD. Yes really.

And Sky News.

This is not going to go away and heads will roll.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Ash101 - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:20 PM)Andrew Wrote:  A full fat breaking news  push notification has just been sent out by BBC News confirming the format of tomorrow’s MOTD. Yes really.

The third Breaking News alert since half 4 on the whole situation. A bit much?

(Off topic, but I do find what BBC News decides to send notifications out about on any given day quite questionable at times.)

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - The_IT_Technician - 10-03-2023

Prof Brian Cox and dara O'brien should stand in, With Hugh on commentary.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Kojak - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:23 PM)Adsales Wrote:  

And Sky News.

This is not going to go away and heads will roll.
I'm starting to think at least one of Sharp and Davie (hopefully both!) will be gone by Monday.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Alf Stewart - 10-03-2023

Someone at BBC News taking the p**s, surely?

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - DTV - 10-03-2023

I can't remember who it was who described the BBC as not a single organisation but a warring federation with each department constantly trying to get one over on each other, but this story and the seeming different camps within the BBC do seem to fit with the analogy.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - EasternEagle - 10-03-2023

The problem also for me is that there is something wrong if a freelance presenter cannot air their views on their personal twitter account without having action taken against them because they are deemed as not being impartial, but it's okay for a serving politician can have their own show on a TV news channel.

The later in my book is FAR worse than the former because it's using their employers supposedly impartial (under Ofcom rules) television channel to serve up their own heavily partisan views. It is completely illogical.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Adsales - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:21 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(10-03-2023, 10:17 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Could this bring down the BBC? I’m not so sure to be honest. It’s turning out to be a major schism

Can we stop with this hyperbole? The BBC won't be shut down because of Gary Lineker

Of course it won’t be shut down but you have no idea what is currently happening inside. Staff are furious. This is a major crisis.

RE: Gary Lineker/BBC Asylum Controversy - Stooky Bill - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:18 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  It seems that the BBC didn't have a plan for what they were going to do

Of course not, why would they have a plan for this scenario?

----------------------------

As I predicted, just highlights with no studio presentation. What happens if everyone prefers that format?