Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - GMc - 14-03-2023

[align=justify]090 11 10 50...10  Big Grin[/align]

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 14-03-2023

(14-03-2023, 02:40 PM)thomalex Wrote:  [Image: CITV-Logo-1998-2003.png]

This remains the best logo (and era) of CITV. What was that phone number again?

Agreed, although the logo has aged fairly horribly. At the time it felt like CiTV was pulling ahead of CBBC in terms of effort from the broadcasters - with the change to in vision and then moving to a much larger studio.

It's a shame the Nickelodeon partnership never went anywhere, because the 'plan B' that we got was a very quick and very big drop in quality. They had another opportunity to try something when they took over GMTV but again opted to shut it down and stick to the by then proven strategy of doing the minimum that passes.

RE: CITV is to close - CATV - 14-03-2023

[Image: Screenshot-2022-12-07-at-20-19-02.png]
As seen in this screen shot it looks like they planned to change CITV to ITV Kids.  I am wondering now if we will have those two brands going forward.  ITV KIDS for tv (or even ITV 2 KIDS) and ITV X KIDS for on demand?

RE: CITV is to close - bkman1990 - 14-03-2023

Good grief. I do not understand why stacked letters are being used in the new ITV Kids logo. From a branding perspective so far; it looks terrible.

ITV look like they are trying to give the kids a message that it's hip to be square. But is it aiming to be like that or it is something completely different?

Would the kids or parents be able to even to understand the branding on the ITV Kids logo when they see it in the app or on the website?

RE: CITV is to close - DJ Dave - 14-03-2023

(14-03-2023, 02:40 PM)thomalex Wrote:  [Image: CITV-Logo-1998-2003.png]

This remains the best logo (and era) of CITV. What was that phone number again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIsmywvnkpE 

I even remember the one before 090 11 10 50 10 - 0894 12 33 44

RE: CITV is to close - Blubatt - 14-03-2023

I've not commented on it yet, but I will say this: I am actually happy CITV is closing down, because I don't think it worked as a channel anyway. CBBC works as a channel, because the BBC has to provide high quality entertainment for children that informs, educates, and entertains. CITV was the complete opposite: It is the equivalent of sugared grain based cereal. The vast majority of its programming isn't original, its bought in, second run animation. And Teen Titans GO is all well and good, but when you consider the programming on CBBC, its no competition.

Moving children's programming to streaming only on ITVX will work better for the shows that they are airing. Young kids, and I have two children in my family aged 8 and under, consume things so differently, that it is hard for me to compate what I watched as a child to what they watch now. The children only know On Demand, its a fact of life for them. We didn't.

RE: CITV is to close - Spencer - 14-03-2023

(14-03-2023, 09:10 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Good grief. I do not understand why stacked letters are being used in the new ITV Kids logo. From a branding perspective so far; it looks terrible.

ITV look like they are trying to give the kids a message that it's hip to be square. But is it aiming to be like that or it is something completely different?

Would the kids or parents be able to even to understand the branding on the ITV Kids logo when they see it in the app or on the website?

We don’t know what it’ll definitely look like yet, as those are preliminary designs above.

That said, the ITV Be logo has changed from what’s seen there to the stacked/stepped design that’s now in use. So it would seem they do favour odd placement of letters after the logo, and so I could see that version of the logo being used. But time will tell.

RE: CITV is to close - PATV Scunthorpe - 14-03-2023

The stacked nature is mainly to keep the square shape uniform across all the logos.

Take the end of trailers and the ITV1 logo transition to 'Stream on ITVX', the logo does a bouncy shrink effect, while the ITVX logo and colours wipe on from the left, keeping the ITV section of the two logos aligned. If 'Kids' was stripped, that uniform positioning would be lost without adding in extra movement.

RE: CITV is to close - LouBlu08 - 15-03-2023

(14-03-2023, 04:19 PM)CATV Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-2022-12-07-at-20-19-02.png]
As seen in this screen shot it looks like they planned to change CITV to ITV Kids.  I am wondering now if we will have those two brands going forward.  ITV KIDS for tv (or even ITV 2 KIDS) and ITV X KIDS for on demand?
Well that's.... a weird looking logo. I'll wait to see what they do with it before I make my mind up on it.

RE: CITV is to close - F4C - 15-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:35 PM)Rijowhi Wrote:  
(12-03-2023, 11:28 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  I do mean children's programming returning to the 6am - 09.25 slot.  Your right there are still broadcasting stuff right now, However they have been axing it and reinstating the kids programmes off and no for years now.

Over the course they used to have chat show, AKA,  Weekend, Zoe Ball on, Martin & Roman's Weekend Best! ( I cant remember who had it in 2019)

I think the kids programmes will still air on Saturday and Sunday morning on ITV1.

It makes more sense for Ofcom to allow ITV to transfer any Children’s programming into a daily morning strand on ITV2.  This will avoid confusion…
The proposed Broadcasting Bill the government are attempting to introduce would relax PSB obligations and quotas so ITV and Channel 4/5 would be able to spread it out across multiple channels. This move feels like preparation for that change. 

At the moment the kids’ programming on ITV1 at weekends is purely to meet quota requirements. I expect the next step will be to move this to ITV2 or get rid entirely.

Whether ITV will take ITVX Kids seriously and invest actual time and money into it long-term, or it becomes another deserted ghost-town, remains to be seen.