Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - Neil Jones - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 07:40 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  Somehow Newsround made a better article about CITV's closure than The Sun... even though they said the channel's been around for 4 decades.

As I said previously, common mistake.
Newsround won't faff around with strands and what not, though I note they seem to think Bob The Builder is an ITV show (it started on CBBC and later moved to CBeebies, then was rebooted for Channel 5)

Though I also notice from the stock imagery used that kid on the floor seems to be watching Teletubbies from the shapes you can see on the telly, and that other toddler's going to have back problems in later life I feel... Smile

RE: CITV is to close - CCFG - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 08:00 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:   they seem to think Bob The Builder is an ITV show (it started on CBBC and later moved to CBeebies, then was rebooted for Channel 5)
Though the reboot now airs on the LittleBe strand on ITVBe.

RE: CITV is to close - interestednovice - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 08:04 PM)CCFG Wrote:  Though the reboot now airs on the LittleBe strand on ITVBe.

Which, of course, is not closing or changing in any way!

That will confuse journalists.

RE: CITV is to close - fanoftv - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:53 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Closures aren't something to brag about really - pushing ITVX Kids is probably the best way to go about it.   Do wonder if scaling it back initially though (such as reverting to the 6pm finish, and perhaps earlier at weekends) would have been better to try and get linear viewers over rather than going from a full channel to nothing.

Maybe by promoting CITV as becoming ITVX Kids may have kids excited about the launch of the new service and the programmes available.

RE: CITV is to close - Milkshake - 21-08-2023

Someone in ITV must have done the numbers and looked at all the figures, and the accountants have come to the conclusion that the rest of majority of its viewers area watching Kids/ CITV programmes on ITVX kids.

Remember a few years ago no one was watch Newsround 4pm Edition ( lets be fair there they had pushed SO FAR back, they know what they were doing) but the iPlayer got the viewers.

The only viewers that are left out are poor people who cant access the ITVX, but ITV don't care because, the advertiser don't care, they can't afford to but all those stuff there trying to flog. So CBBC and pop can have them ....

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 09:07 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  The only viewers that are left out are poor people who cant access the ITVX, but ITV don't care because, the advertiser don't care, they can't afford to but all those stuff there trying to flog.  So CBBC and pop can have them ....

Most of them choose to do that already.

RE: CITV is to close - Spin1038 - 21-08-2023

CITV Programming on ITV2 will start 2nd September at 5am or 6am on +1

RE: CITV is to close - tellyblues - 21-08-2023

The articles are technically correct because shows that pre-dated the CITV channel did air on it.

RE: CITV is to close - LouBlu08 - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 08:00 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Though I also notice from the stock imagery used that kid on the floor seems to be watching Teletubbies from the shapes you can see on the telly, and that other toddler's going to have back problems in later life I feel... Smile

I think I remember seeing one article on the closure having a kid watching what appeared to be a very blurry screengrab of Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 21-08-2023

(21-08-2023, 10:01 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  The articles are technically correct because shows that pre-dated the CITV channel did air on it.

Most of them all of once or twice, ever, during the one off (excellent) Old Skool Weekend 10 years ago.