Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - CCFG - 24-08-2023

There will no longer be any children's programmes on ITV1 after the 27th of August. The weekend CITV strand is moving to ITV2.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/changes-to-itv1-and-itv2-after-citv-closure/ 

RE: CITV is to close - nwtv2003 - 24-08-2023

Having a quick look on the Radio Times website, the ITV1 schedule for Saturday 2nd September shows Alan Titchmarsh repeats from 6:00am to 8:20am.

I think it’s a greater shame all children’s programmes are leaving ITV1/ITV Breakfast, but it’s a sign of the times and the target audience won’t really care. End of an era indeed.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 24-08-2023

A shame not to at least keep it through to Christmas on ITV1 to promote ITVX. Always assumed the weekend breakfast shows ran Spring/Summer because there was still value in advertising during kids shows in the run up to Christmas.

I wonder how long until the 5-9am slot on ITV2 becomes 5-6am.

RE: CITV is to close - Ash101 - 24-08-2023

A minor point, but they should probably be a bit more creative in 1) what they repeat or 2) what they call new shows, as I am not sure we really need 'Saturday Mornings with...' on a Sunday AM.

Any appetite for a weekend GMB now they don't have any Kids shows commitments?

RE: CITV is to close - mrarg1393 - 24-08-2023

ITV have missed a trick in my opinion to compete with Breakfast on BBC… they could have easily done a GMB or even just ITV Morning News for an hour or so each morning rather than just the same old repeats as always. Although I’m guessing it’s to do with costs and employing presenters who would be happy to do live early morning new shows on a weekend, although the BBC manage to do it!

RE: CITV is to close - StreamingTV - 24-08-2023

(24-08-2023, 12:55 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  ITV have missed a trick in my opinion to compete with Breakfast on BBC… they could have easily done a GMB or even just ITV Morning News for an hour or so each morning rather than just the same old repeats as always. Although I’m guessing it’s to do with costs and employing presenters who would be happy to do live early morning new shows on a weekend, although the BBC manage to do it!

If they running repeats of repeats that just shows that early morning it doesn't matter what they show, If there was a GMB programme on a weekend it would be better off on between 9am and 11am.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 24-08-2023

"Easily" comes with a cost although I do think there is an opportunity to capitalise on Breakfast finishing early on a Sunday on BBC1 with perhaps a 8-10 slot. It would be better PR too if they were replacing one PSB offering with another but sadly commercial TV in the UK now is about filling slots as cheaply as possible rather than investing in the hope of making lesser watched slots more profitable.

I do think losing kids TV from the slot loses structure though - it took ITV1 close to a decade to successfully reinvent the afternoon slot and similarly for Saturday Mornings. Repeating the James Martin and Alan Titchmarsh shows though is better than just sticking The Chase on though.

RE: CITV is to close - Neil Jones - 24-08-2023

I'd be inclined to argue if ITV thought it had been worth doing they would have done it long ago by now regardless of what was happening with the CITV Channel.

Like most of these things though, its historic and the weekend early morning slots were filled with children's content on TV-am and later GMTV.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 24-08-2023

I'm not convinced that children/parents even knew to find content on ITV1 at all any more.

The same is true of ITV2 of course, but that's very obviously just playing lip service to a license condition which will probably go one way or another in time. It'll be interesting to see how ITV2 brand their morning strand, if they even do.

RE: CITV is to close - Jimbo2022 - 24-08-2023

There is a separate SUD 19169 added in 10.891H marked CUTV which points to the same channel as CITV is currently

Given its closing next week no idea why this is there.