Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - JAS84 - 28-08-2023

Yeah, there's been four Dennis and Gnasher shows, a TCC puppet show, the 1996 cartoon, a 2009 cartoon, and the current one, Unleashed.
(27-08-2023, 08:31 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Batman never aired on Cartoon Network. For a start, it wasn't a cartoon, and also, the show is owned by Fox, not DC/Warner. Was a right wrangle between them to get the show to be able to come out on DVD that took years (and the fans helping out) to solve (but Fox were always responsible for TV distribution, I think they... well, Disney now, ironically, with them being owners of rivals Marvel, still are).
Ah - given that this was the 90s, I assumed it was Batman: The Animated Series, not Adam West's then 30 year old show. It's highly unusual for a kids channel to air something so old.

RE: CITV is to close - Neil Jones - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 05:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Ah - given that this was the 90s, I assumed it was Batman: The Animated Series, not Adam West's then 30 year old show. It's highly unusual for a kids channel to air something so old.

I could go so far as to argue Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes are on the air on Boomerang I believe... both of which are well over 80 years old (Looney Tunes debuted in 1930, T&J debuted in 1940)... Boomerang airs Scooby Doo, Wacky Races and Flintstones, all of which made their original debuts in the 1960s.

RE: CITV is to close - Rex - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 02:37 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  So it looks like that ITV is keeping the Freeview channel for now
It was always the case that they were going to use the hours freed up for ITV3+1. Not sure what else they could really use the space for. I'd imagine that any extra space that ends up being squeezed into PSB2 will end up being used for timeshift channels on ITV's side.

RE: CITV is to close - Jimbo2022 - 28-08-2023

CITV, ITV3+1, ITV4+1 and ITV Be+1 all share a single slot in SDN VOM4 not PSB2

RE: CITV is to close - LouBlu08 - 28-08-2023

I never got the point of ITV4+1 and Be+1 on Freeview. The only thing that airs on there is Teleshopping and I genuinely don't know anyone who would watch Teleshopping on a +1 channel.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 28-08-2023

It's all about squatting for channel numbers but they're so far down the EPG it's not really worth it. The Freeview EPG has been so badly managed from the outset.

RE: CITV is to close - Jimbo2022 - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's all about squatting for channel numbers but they're so far down the EPG it's not really worth it.  The Freeview EPG has been so badly managed from the outset.

I agree. Freeview is a total mess these days. I cannot understand how ITV have managed to effectively 'hig' not I've but two channel numbers by broadcasting something that us nit actually the channels they are meant to be.

Shopping us part if the schedule yes but how they have been managed allowing just shopping for ITV4+1 and Be+1 is ridiculous 

Be is only on for 28 hours a day anyway

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 05:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Ah - given that this was the 90s, I assumed it was Batman: The Animated Series, not Adam West's then 30 year old show. It's highly unusual for a kids channel to air something so old.

Not really, especially back then. Cartoon Network also showed Thunderbirds in the early 00s, and Nickelodeon had showed a number of supermarionation series including Joe 90 earlier in the 90s. 

Cartoon Network was still showing Taft cartoons from the 70s back then too, as was anywhere else who had the rights to them (CBBC). 

Not really that different to airing golden-era Simpsons series today when you think about it.

More recently you had the nightly Nick Jr Classics strand too which showed old content.

RE: CITV is to close - TheFullElectro - 28-08-2023

As Newsround has reported on this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/66570523 ), I'm going to be doing the same thing as I did when the CBBC rebrand happened and look at the comments to see how the kids are reacting.

''That’s such a shame! R.I.P CITV!''
''NO! Not CITV! I used to watch Scrambled every Saturday + Sunday!'

''Never watched it so won’t miss it - Love Mr Bean non animated tho''
''I haven't ever watched citv so this doesn't really effect me much.''

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 28-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 08:52 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  ''That’s such a shame! R.I.P CITV!''
''NO! Not CITV! I used to watch Scrambled every Saturday + Sunday!'
Not so different from the "grown ups" then, lamenting the loss of something already long-gone.