Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - Jimbo2022 - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 09:23 AM)CCFG Wrote:  ITVX's TV guide seems completely broken from the 2nd September, most likely to do with the imminent removal of CITV from it. https://www.itv.com/watch/tv-guide/2023-09-02 

CITV's final programme ('The Rubbish World of Dave Spud' at 20:45) says it runs from 20:45 to 06:00.

It will be to 2100. They have not put the end of service on the listings

RE: CITV is to close - harshy - 29-08-2023

Shame to see CITV close but it’s heyday has long gone starting with Jamie Oliver ruining kids advertising which seem to have started it’s downfall all those years ago.

RE: CITV is to close - CCFG - 29-08-2023

Yes I know it is to 2100, but it seems very confusing to the people using the ITVX TV guide.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 29-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 07:46 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  I agree. Freeview is a total mess these days. I cannot understand how ITV have managed to effectively 'hig' not I've but two channel numbers by broadcasting something that us nit actually the channels they are meant to be.

Shopping us part if the schedule yes but how they have been managed allowing just shopping for ITV4+1 and Be+1 is ridiculous 

Be is only on for 28 hours a day anyway

Yes, these 28 hours a day channels are a problem.   Big Grin Agreed regarding these +1 slots only featuring Teleshopping - seems to be a loophole there as channels can usually only dedicate a proportion of their content to Teleshopping, so OFCOM either consider these Teleshopping channels or just judge them based on what the 24 hour slot shows.

Looks like ITV2 drop the signed programmes from the slot.  Not sure how good ITVX is in providing signed content.  Is a Signed section bit only one kids show amongst them.

RE: CITV is to close - JAS84 - 29-08-2023

(28-08-2023, 08:52 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  As Newsround has reported on this (https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/66570523 ), I'm going to be doing the same thing as I did when  the CBBC rebrand happened and look at the comments to see how the kids are reacting.

''That’s such a shame! R.I.P CITV!''
''NO! Not CITV! I used to watch Scrambled every Saturday + Sunday!'

''Never watched it so won’t miss it - Love Mr Bean non animated tho''
''I haven't ever watched citv so this doesn't really effect me much.''
I suspect some people are using alt accounts to pretend to be a kid - there's a maximum age limit on there. This one doesn't sound like a kid and is probably someone in their 40s:
Quote:more 80s toons please to stream and free to watch retro kids shows to itvx 1 penny crayon 1989 2 family ness 1984 3 healthcliff 1985 4 little miss 1983 5 littles 1983 6 alvin and the chipmunks 1983 every episode of them to free to watch retro kids shows on itv x kids
A real kid probably wouldn't even know what Penny Crayon is. I bet that Mr Bean comment wasn't from a kid either - CITV only ever aired the animated version, something that person probably doesn't realise.

RE: CITV is to close - TheFullElectro - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 10:55 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  I bet that Mr Bean comment wasn't from a kid either - CITV only ever aired the animated version, something that person probably doesn't realise.

The Mr. Bean live action series has aired on ITV4 and ITV(1) in recent years.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 29-08-2023

And even where kids are commenting they're more likely to do so if they disagree with the decision.

Harder to get derailed BARB ratings now but would be interesting to know how the kids channels rate throughout the day and whether after school is still peak viewing time.

Guess this leave Milkshake as the only kids content on the main 5 channels. Surprised C5 never looked to expand that to teatime when ITV and the BBC pulled away but even if they had that would probably have gone again by now. Launching a full time Milkshake channel never got anywhere (indeed the slots on spin off channels soon vanished) but wonder if they might ho down the FAST channel route, though under Viacom the Nick brand will always take priority.

RE: CITV is to close - Neil Jones - 29-08-2023

I never quite understood why the children's channels aired during the dayv (or overnight for that mattter). I know home school is a thing but realistically the bulk of the core audience would have been at school - and they aren't going to air those channels in their linear fashion - unless Dennis The Menace and Gnasher is "educational" , which I doubt somehow.

After school okay, but once you get past 10pm its diminishing returns surely? Unless they're doing the "loaded advert" thing in their peak periods and going all night with few (or no) adverts...

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 11:15 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Surprised C5 never looked to expand that to teatime when ITV and the BBC pulled away but even if they had that would probably have gone again by now. 
Almost like it's not a viable thing, you might say... CITV leaving weekday afternoons on ITV1 didn't create a vacuum for others to rush in to like axing News at Ten did; even back then when digital takeup was far from complete. It was perhaps a little bit premature, but not enough that anyone wanted to do anything other than follow their lead.

Five already had a healthy afternoon schedule and, after several misfires, so too did ITV1. There was no incentive to trade in those lucrative audiences for the far less lucrative (and far more rapidly depleting) childrens ones - especially after junk food advertising bans came in.

RE: CITV is to close - excel99 - 29-08-2023

(29-08-2023, 11:15 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Guess this leave Milkshake as the only kids content on the main 5 channels.
There's BBC2 on a Saturday Morning