Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - cable - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 12:16 PM)WillPS Wrote:  All these +1 channels can disappear quickly and without any to plan the service being wound down.

Why ITV continues to squat on rubbish Freeview EPG numbers when the heat in that market has clearly fizzled out I'm not sure, but on the flipside - if this is capacity they already have committed to and they can't sell or release it, then what's to be lost from continuing with that?
Rubbish LCNs at the moment, but thinking forward to Everyone TVs next gen platform, bouquets of channels are likely to be grouped together, so by having all these +1s now would likely mean ITVs channels get high positions after PSB channels as has been hinted at in previous consultations.

RE: CITV is to close - LouBlu08 - 04-09-2023

I've noticed CITV got removed from the Sky Glass EPG, I had it saved as one of my favourite channels prior to closure and it's been removed.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 05-09-2023

The last thing I'd like to do is brag, but...

I've just spent 20 mins zooming through some recordings I made of CITV on ITV2 over the last few mornings. Some things I've noted:
[list]
[*]The DOG is much smaller than the one which was on the old channel (still is, on satellite). It looks like they've tried to keep it within the footprint of the ITV2 one. It's a slightly weird effort, almost as if they're trying to treat it as a totally separate output, except...
[*]The ITV2 brand is still there on the break bumpers. Curious.
[*]Most of the time they seem to play the same ITVX promo which went out on the CITV channel until last Thursday -  which makes sense. Occasionally however they play a short version, which contains the "CITV is closed" message - which is true but a bit of a clumsy message to play during an identically named and branded strand.
[*]I've seen all the programme trails, which are all exactly as they were on Friday on the channel, with the exception of the Mr Bean one. Has that one been pulled because someone noticed it still has CITV house styled intertitles?
[*]The ITV2 continuity refers generically to 'kids content' rather than CITV (as ITV1 used to). 
[/list]

I suspect ITV are treading a careful line where they are trying to do enough to convince the regulator they're not completely phoning it in ('we've given it more hours than we're strictly required to, fully branded specifically for the audience' etc) but actually ensuring it'll capture no audience naturally and sack anyone off who finds it. This will then become justification for binning off the requirement altogether in a year or so.

I found myself getting (early) MovieMix/Merit vibes from it, like it was there for all to see but yet not really intended to be seen.

RE: CITV is to close - Hybrid - 05-09-2023

(05-09-2023, 12:47 AM)WillPS Wrote:  [list]
[*]The DOG is much smaller than the one which was on the old channel (still is, on satellite). It looks like they've tried to keep it within the footprint of the ITV2 one. It's a slightly weird effort, almost as if they're trying to treat it as a totally separate output, except...
[/list]
It’s the same one the main ITV network used for it’s simulcasts.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 05-09-2023

(05-09-2023, 04:39 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  It’s the same one the main ITV network used for it’s simulcasts.

Makes sense, thank you. Something else (however trivial) they had on the shelf rather than evidence of any actual effort then.

RE: CITV is to close - Brekkie - 05-09-2023

Have these CITV idents been in use since the 2013 ITV rebrand?

RE: CITV is to close - CCFG - 05-09-2023

(05-09-2023, 05:47 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Have these CITV idents been in use since the 2013 ITV rebrand?
These were first used in 2018. Previous set was the 2013—2018 set.

RE: CITV is to close - Andrew Wood - 06-09-2023

A bit late in the year to be showing Easter-themed idents on CITV on ITV2!?

So surprised to see the 2018 Easter idents make it into rotation with this move to the early morning slot - not just a random playout, but several over the past few days. I can't say I've seen them on CITV outside of the Easter period.

RE: CITV is to close - F4C - 12-09-2023

The more I see ITV2’s CITV block, and the seeming lack of promotion for ITVX Kids on ITV’s other channels, the more I feel like ITV don’t actually care about the kids’ stuff on ITVX. 

For me, this seems like ITV saw they could make more money with reruns of Alan Titchmarsh and Ainsley Harriott in the mornings rather than Dave Spud, so they’ve shuttered CITV to make way. ITVX Kids and CITV on ITV2 was just a way to keep Ofcom sweet.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 13-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 10:29 PM)F4C Wrote:  The more I see ITV2’s CITV block, and the seeming lack of promotion for ITVX Kids on ITV’s other channels, the more I feel like ITV don’t actually care about the kids’ stuff on ITVX. 

For me, this seems like ITV saw they could make more money with reruns of Alan Titchmarsh and Ainsley Harriott in the mornings rather than Dave Spud, so they’ve shuttered CITV to make way. ITVX Kids and CITV on ITV2 was just a way to keep Ofcom sweet.

Cost less is probably more the point I'd have thought, repeats of grown up content with adverts sold in line with the rest of their offering is much lower in terms of complexity than filling a handful of hours with an offer distinct from everything else they do. I'm kind of surprised any advertising is being sold for this unadvertised ITV2 strand but I guess it's probably being packaged with ITVX inventory. 

If they can eventually get away with not doing Childrens content at all, then I agree that it probably where they will get to.