Pres Café
CITV is to close - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: CITV is to close (/showthread.php?tid=384)

RE: CITV is to close - Neil Jones - 27-10-2023

It lasted a long time on analogue cable.

In fact it was mentioned here:
https://pres.cafe/showthread.php?tid=551&pid=45200#pid45200 

RE: CITV is to close - James2001 - 27-10-2023

I think it was only one particular cable company that did that. And it wouldn't have been appearing on a channel on anyone's boxes, would just have been a piece of equipment nobody had bothered touching (probably because analogue cable was in it death throes).

RE: CITV is to close - Rex - 27-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 11:38 AM)frasergj Wrote:  While checking Sky Mix for the other thread, I note that CITV is also still transmitting a blank screen with DOG coming up to 2 months since the last programme aired (and 1 month since the loop ended)
 I'm surprised it's going on for that long. 

Orry mentioned that ITV's channels are being moved to Red Bee's facilities, so are they possibly waiting for that to happen so that they can finally decommission CITV's servers?

RE: CITV is to close - Gary Baldy - 27-10-2023

Maybe they’re preparing themselves for potential return of the channel?

If kids are going to watch stuff online, the first inclination would be to go to YouTube. ITVX is unlikely to be somewhere that kids actively seek out.

RE: CITV is to close - mixchris - 27-10-2023

(05-06-2023, 08:52 AM)DiamondJoe2.0 Wrote:  Apparently, BBC Prime had a CBBC block! It, essentially, was a fusion of CBBC's idents and CBeebies programming, though I may be wrong  

(27-10-2023, 04:14 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Maybe they’re preparing themselves for potential return of the channel?

If kids are going to watch stuff online, the first inclination would be to go to YouTube. ITVX is unlikely to be somewhere that kids actively seek out.

My daughter certainly uses more YouTube, however today we discovered a couple of gems in the Kids section on Prime but most days she uses YouTube or Netflix.

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 29-10-2023

(27-10-2023, 03:34 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I think it was only one particular cable company that did that. And it wouldn't have been appearing on a channel on anyone's boxes, would just have been a piece of equipment nobody had bothered touching (probably because analogue cable was in it death throes).

Yes. It was left broadcasting but delisted on the Nottingham headend (former Diamond Cable), which was one of the areas NTL had quite aggressively rolled out digital service in early on and essentially left the analogue service to rot; channels were not replaced upon closure. As you say the only way to see that slide after a few weeks was to tune in to it. The card was generated in Nottingham by NTL, not by Plus, GSB or whoever did their playout; that feed was permanently cut the moment they went off air.

(27-10-2023, 04:14 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Maybe they’re preparing themselves for potential return of the channel?

It's just a resource they have but don't have any further use for. At some point something will expire and it'll go dark and/or disappear entirely.

RE: CITV is to close - Spin1038 - 09-11-2023

CITV Block on ITV2 will be starting at 6am instead of 5am from Sunday 19th November and ITV2 Will Still Start at 5am

RE: CITV is to close - BlueFrog - 09-11-2023

To be exact:

(SUNDAY 19TH NOVEMBER 2023)
5:00am - Unwind with ITV
5:10am - Totally Bonkers Guinness World Records
5:30am - Totally Bonkers Guinness World Records

(CITV)
6:00am - DC Super Hero Girls
6:10am - Teen Titans Go!
6:25am - Looney Tunes Cartoons
6:40am - Looney Tunes Cartoons
6:50am - Mr Bean: The Animated Series
7:05am - Mr Bean: The Animated Series
7:20am - Mr Bean: The Animated Series
7:30am - Mr Bean: The Animated Series
7:45am - Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!
8:10am - What's New Scooby-Doo?
8:35am - Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?

(ITV2)
9:00am - Unwind with ITV
9:10am - Totally Bonkers Guinness World Records
9:45am - Dress to Impress
(and from then on it's just the normal daytime schedules..)

RE: CITV is to close - WillPS - 09-11-2023

Ten minutes to 'unwind' after the dizzy excitement of several hours of teleshopping. How thoughtful!

RE: CITV is to close - BlueFrog - 09-11-2023

On the topic of CITV, they've removed the DOG from the feed not too long ago (I think it was yesterday they have..)

Feed's still on and accessible, but they're broadcasting....nothing.