Pres Café
New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Josh - 15-03-2023

"Play online. Search CBBC" promo cap also shown in the same vain as iPlayer/Sounds caps, animates in the same way as other pres:

https://i.imgur.com/JHeu0fS.png 

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - ALV - 15-03-2023

In case anyone's wondering, all overseas edition of CBeebies are still using the old logo. Judging by how most international channels from BBC Studios are still using the Gill Sans era block logo, it'll probably take about ten years for the international editions to be Reithed...

Top left: CBeebies Asia
Top right: CBeebies Australia
Bottom left: CBeebies Africa
Bottom right: CBeebies UK
[Image: e717a230854dc390fe98b7aedf50e98d.png]

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JHarper_2022 - 15-03-2023

Interesting timing that both CBBC and CBeebies have been given a new on-air look less than a week ITV announces of closure of CITV, makes you think.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Milkshake - 15-03-2023

Oh Irony, There have now made CBBC more like BBC 3 in branding yet come age 12 they disown you and then hope you will come back to them at age 16...

Im not that keen on CBBC branding it likes pop or something. HOWEVER if the kids like it, I would be nice to hear views from kids then who are we to judge?

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JAS84 - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 04:15 PM)JHarper_2022 Wrote:  Interesting timing that both CBBC and CBeebies have been given a new on-air look less than a week ITV announces of closure of CITV, makes you think.
Especially when we already know CBBC is doomed. They could've just done a quick lazy update by replacing the BBC blocks in the old pres, but instead they gave them a whole new look.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - HTVbest - 15-03-2023

The stacked dogs are much neater than those on other BBC channels. Let's hope other channels take note.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Transmission - 15-03-2023

I really like what I've seen so far.

CBeebies is perhaps a little bland compared to the, and I suppose I have to use the word, iconic previous look but it works as part of the overall Chameleon look really well. I can see why using the bugs as blocks, especially when morphing into the iPlayer logo, has been popular here.

We're very much a CBeebies-watching house and our kids, including one with SEN, have taken to the new look well but I do understand the upset it has caused some parents as there was little warning of such a big change, which is something CBeebies is usually very sensitive about helping parents deal with. And for some children it really is a very big change to routine, it can't be emphasised just how much the channel always had exactly the same bumpers and idents at exactly the same time every day for months or years.

CBBC's look is surprisingly smart, looks good with definitely a bit of Two and Three about it, as others have said. Some of the junctions I've seen have flowed really well.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - ConorW2000 - 15-03-2023

I wonder if the BBC are having second thoughts about moving CBBC online only?

I personally think a merger with Cbeebies into a much bigger CBBC makes far more sense from a practical point of view.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JAS84 - 15-03-2023

It makes no sense at all. If they merged, bye bye Bedtime Hour. They can't only run Cbeebies when older kids aren't at home to watch CBBC.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - gottago - 15-03-2023

Total speculation but I imagine the eventual compromise for closing the CBBC channel will be to reintroduce blocks on BBC2, so can see this presentation surviving the channel and being used for that as a result.