Pres Café
New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Ash101 - 15-03-2023

Overall I think this rebrand is pretty good. The CBeebies elements are really smart & although the old blobs were timeless and certainly not crying out for an update, these new versions just help bring the whole BBC branding together. I love the animation between the BBC block, the blobs and the iPlayer logo.

I'm a bit unsure of the CBBC logo - it just feels a little bit too basic. They've always managed to portray some personality with CBBC logos of years gone by & this just feels like it's lacking. I do think the 2007 era was my favourite because of the smart way the idents made up each of the letters, which did carry on into the 3D branding.

Also I'm not totally sold on the character based ident toppers (is that the word? They're not quite 'the' ident on CBBC but they appear over the top), which just feel a bit pointless saying 'Watch The Next Step on CBBC & iPlayer' when it is literally about to start? Shouldn't they say 'now on CBBC...', I guess I like the idea but just not the wording.

Example here - https://www.tvhome.co.uk/cbbc/2023/03/15/1430#autoplay  - from TV Home.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - ConorW2000 - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 05:35 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  It makes no sense at all. If they merged, bye bye Bedtime Hour. They can't only run Cbeebies when older kids aren't at home to watch CBBC.

Thats true, I wonder if CBBC could do shows on BBC One/Two like they did before when they go online only, that would ensure kids who dont have internet dont miss out on content.

I know CBBC have been doing it on BBC Two recently on a trial basis.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Happy2001 - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 05:51 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 05:35 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  It makes no sense at all. If they merged, bye bye Bedtime Hour. They can't only run Cbeebies when older kids aren't at home to watch CBBC.

I know CBBC have been doing it on BBC Two recently on a trial basis.

The Trial with a expanded Saturday Morning slot was originally for 8 weeks last September but it must have been successful as it's still going now.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Milkshake - 15-03-2023

BBC Alba didn't forget Big Grin

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - mixchris - 15-03-2023

I'll echo my previous comments, it's too generic. When the 1997 blocks were introduced and every BBC TV & Radio service had the same "look", the thing that was still identifiable in trailers and cross promotions was the channel / service.

Looking at the screen grab above for CBBC, I was expecting to see "THREE" not "CBBC" at the bottom. Earlier, watching CBeebies and they had a trail for new JoJo and Gran Gran and apart from the CA, there was nothing visual to mention CBeebies.

Even when CBBC and CBeebies launched in 2002 and both carried the "bugs" within their branding and used the same template for promos, they still had an identity. Although they still have an identity there's not much separating them from the rest of the BBC template used across their channels.

Im pretty certain thats pretty much every BBC TV Channel that has got rebranded now, apart from BBC News

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Josh - 15-03-2023

The "goodbye Sun, hello moon" song is still being played at the start of the Bedtime strand:
https://i.imgur.com/zTPPrph.png 

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JAS84 - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 06:35 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  Im pretty certain thats pretty much every BBC TV Channel that has got rebranded now, apart from BBC News
And BBC Parliament.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Radiounion - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 06:15 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I'll echo my previous comments, it's too generic. When the 1997 blocks were introduced and every BBC TV & Radio service had the same "look", the thing that was still identifiable in trailers and cross promotions was the channel / service.

Looking at the screen grab above for CBBC, I was expecting to see "THREE" not "CBBC" at the  bottom. Earlier, watching CBeebies and they had a trail for new JoJo and Gran Gran and apart from the CA, there was nothing visual to mention CBeebies.

Even when CBBC and CBeebies launched in 2002 and both carried the "bugs" within their branding and used the same template for promos, they still had an identity. Although they still have an identity there's not much separating them from the rest of the BBC template used across their channels.

That's a proper brand identity to you. Something that feels like a family. Of the same blood, but different perspectives to each of them. That's the feel I'm getting from generic rebrands. And I like Chameleon, and what it did to these channels, because it links with the overarching brand identity, but deviates enough to get with the program.

(15-03-2023, 11:54 AM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  
(15-03-2023, 09:34 AM)Tola Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of people slamming the CBBC and CBeebies rebrand especially (on YouTube and Twitter), mainly due to it "not being the same as before" or for the logo being too simple (and corporate).

And they are absolutely right

Well, let me direct you to a quote from Volvo's brand experience system: "Remember that attention, passion, and success is the result of content and deliveries - not of the name and logotype." What they're trying to say is so what if the logo may look too bland. In my eyes, it doesn't look that bland, but I mostly don't care about that, because the brand identity surrounding the channel is so good. Getting used to the brand identity and hoping the kids will actually love it is what I believe will make the difference in the end.

I wonder if BBC News and BBC Parliament will get rebranded at the same time?