Pres Café
New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - thomalex - 14-04-2023

I still find it strange that they still have the incorrect CBeebies logo on their webpage, I presume this was an earlier version

[Image: zO1dqqz.png]

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - mdta - 15-04-2023

(14-04-2023, 11:52 AM)thomalex Wrote:  I still find it strange that they still have the incorrect CBeebies logo on their webpage, I presume this was an earlier version

[Image: zO1dqqz.png]

Probably intentional to aid readability

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - GeeTeeKay474 - 16-04-2023

(16-03-2023, 09:44 AM)steve Wrote:  Watching more of this presentation again with my two boys this morning, it is just brilliantly done. By far the most coordinated and coherent execution of the new branding. Do we know who's done the rebrand - is it an agency or BBC Creative?

Wolff Olins and BBC Creative

(17-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Worth noting that Phoenix Rise, a new school drama (so obviously dubbed the new Grange Hill) is produced by BBC Studios Kids & Family Productions but is airing on BBC3 rather than CBBC, although it seems it was initially commissioned for the iPlayer rather than CBBC.

That's why all the Phoenix Rise videos on the CBBC YouTube channel have the 'Only on iPLAYER' lower-third.

(17-03-2023, 01:32 AM)mixchris Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 03:40 PM)CATV Wrote:  P.S.  In the afternoons on CBeebies there was a ident that formed on a drawing board.  Does anyone know what it said?  Trying to work out the different blocks of programs.

It was “Learn and Play”

They were replaced with show specific stings.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - CATV - 16-04-2023

Interestingly Phoenix Rise was commissioned for two series. Series one released now and series two later this year. It also been confirmed this week that it's been recommissioned for another two series after the first two. So the BBC really seem to be backing it. Think it's a Midlands commission which helps tick a box.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Neil Jones - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 01:35 AM)CATV Wrote:  Interestingly Phoenix Rise was commissioned for two series. Series one released now and series two later this year. It also been confirmed this week that it's been recommissioned for another two series after the first two. So the BBC really seem to be backing it. Think it's a Midlands commission which helps tick a box.

It's set in the West Midlands but its filmed in Coventry, which is actually on the east side of the (West Midlands) region.
People have this concept that "West Midlands" and "East Midlands" starts and ends either side of Birmingham, but that's not the case; East Midlands is further north east Nottingham way and beyond.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - CATV - 16-04-2023

I said Midlands so that could have include West or East. Knowing the Midlands fairly well I know the difference between the two. And I know the Midlands is more than Birmingham which TV seems to forget.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JAS84 - 16-04-2023

Yeah, I think your point was, it's not made in London? They score points with the regulators if they make shows in other places - Scotland, Wales, other English regions. Anywhere outside the capital.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Neil Jones - 16-04-2023

(16-04-2023, 09:36 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, I think your point was, it's not made in London? They score points with the regulators if they make shows in other places - Scotland, Wales, other English regions. Anywhere outside the capital.

Not just regulator, legal requirement apparently:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/research-and-data/tv-radio-and-on-demand/tv-research/made-out-of-london-tv-programming