Pres Café
New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Chad Blake - 12-01-2024

Speaking of the CBBC Office, I have a feeling CBBC presentation right now is the exact opposite of what it was back in 2007. In 2007 they went from a chroma key set and mediocre branding to a memorable presentation set with memorable presenters and awesome branding that lasted a long time. Compare that to now where they've went back to a chroma key set and mediocre branding again.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Robert Williams - 12-01-2024

(12-01-2024, 02:26 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I was thinking specifically of CBBC continuity presenters, although I think she may have filled in for Phillip Schofield once or twice in the very early days before they added Andy Crane to the team.

The first stand-in presenter in (what would eventually become known as) the broom cupboard was Debbie Flint, who presented for several weeks in the spring of 1986 while Phillip was presenting Take Two - I'm pretty sure he didn't miss a day up to that point, or that Floella was ever asked to fill at any point.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Brekkie - 12-01-2024

(12-01-2024, 02:26 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I was thinking specifically of CBBC continuity presenters, although I think she may have filled in for Phillip Schofield once or twice in the very early days before they added Andy Crane to the team.

Ah, the joke about muppets in Parliament which I fought so hard to resist wouldn't have been applicable either then. Big Grin

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - dbl - 12-01-2024

(12-01-2024, 02:30 AM)chadblake4785@gmail.com Wrote:  Speaking of the CBBC Office, I have a feeling CBBC presentation right now is the exact opposite of what it was back in 2007. In 2007 they went from a chroma key set and mediocre branding to a memorable presentation set with memorable presenters and awesome branding that lasted a long time. Compare that to now where they've went back to a chroma key set and mediocre branding again.

The only positive is they've at least tried it make the backgrounds seem 'real' to the original set. The CSO set from 2007 pre-office, didn't age well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFDh_emALh4 

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Tola - 28-01-2024

https://fxtwitter.com/HackerTDog/status/1751544005442109536 
IVC presentation has officially moved out of HQ5 as of this tweet

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - CATV - 29-01-2024

Was talking to mate about this and he made a good point. If CBBC was moving studios (which it looks like they are) then they would have built the new set in the new studio and then would have move into it. As that has not happened then maybe the set that was in HQ5 is on the move. The alcove could be made thinner and blocked up so the set looks more like CBBC ALBA set. That would explain why they are using CBeebies as a stop gap while it's been moved and redressed.

My mate also wondered if CBBC was moving to HQ8 (I didn't know there was a HQ8). The studio it's self has been used for a few things. One of them is BBC Bitesize lessons. I thought they came from HQ7 but apparently they come from HQ8. That leads me to wonder if HQ5 is being turned into a second green screen studio. HQ5 becoming a green screen studio could mean Bitesize, Sport and Newsround could use it. Making more of the studio space.

My mate thinks that morning live will move to Media City to save cash as it rents the space currently. So he wonders if HQ5 will become Sports second green screen studio and then morning live could have the space next to breakfast meaning both shows could share crews to save cash. Morning live looking over the Dock and been able to use the piazza would give the show more flexibility.

Does anyone know for sure what is going on?

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Keith - 29-01-2024

(29-01-2024, 03:26 AM)CATV Wrote:  My mate thinks that morning live will move to Media City to save cash as it rents the space currently. So he wonders if HQ5 will become Sports second green screen studio and then morning live could have the space next to breakfast meaning both shows could share crews to save cash. Morning live looking over the Dock and been able to use the piazza would give the show more flexibility.

Does anyone know for sure what is going on?
I highly doubt that Morning live would move from there current location into Media City. That studio/set has shown itself to be useful for the week when the One Show decamped there. Similarly if Newsnight or Laura K's programme are on location it has the potential to be used. Not being on the ground floor when you have a real view has other advantages in terms of avoid 'attention seekers'.

With regards to Quay House (the building Breakfast/Sport/NWT is in) it's worth noting that currently NWT have their main big studio and their breakfast opt-out studio. I'm guessing the latter may be used for when their main studio is refitted, assuming that it's still expanded slightly from when Sports decamped there. Potentially once the refit is complete Newsround could use this space, if either it was pre-recorded or NWT Breakfast comes from their main studio (now that it's no longer being used by BBC Breakfast).

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - steve - 29-01-2024

NWT Breakfast haven't moved back into their old second studio (which sport used while the ground floor studio was built), they're still in the converted edit suite/office.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Stooky Bill - 28-02-2024

This is a great thing..... all the Cbeebies Bedtime Stories are being put onto iPlayer on World Book Day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2024/nationwide-bedtime-routines-enhanced-as-cbeebies-bedtime-stories-digital-library-is-created 

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Neil Jones - 28-02-2024

So how many of that have they knocked out now then?

Apparently Bedtime Stories have aired nearly every day since 2002, though I doubt they're all new (8000 episodes at one a day for 22 years? I think not - a lot will surely have been repeated a good few times... )