Pres Café
New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation (/showthread.php?tid=387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - benzj - 15-03-2023

A quick junction out of Danny and Mick at 8:20 on CBBC, but we get a new ident, and finally a promo that's CBBC-branded, rather than just pointing to the iPlayer. It's for a game, and so we also get to see a CBBC endboard. Two for one!

https://streamable.com/qwgihi 

-----------------

Some more presentation into Horrible Histories at 8:30 -- another new bumper and an ident featuring one of the show's stars, a la CBeebies earlier this morning:

https://streamable.com/c3b6cu 

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Tola - 15-03-2023

There seems to be a lot of people slamming the CBBC and CBeebies rebrand especially (on YouTube and Twitter), mainly due to it "not being the same as before" or for the logo being too simple (and corporate).

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Milkshake - 15-03-2023

Has anyone got any kids to ask if they like this new look?

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - JAS84 - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 12:50 AM)Worzel Wrote:  
(14-03-2023, 11:13 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, the old Cbeebies logo lasted 21 years, 2002 to 2023. Nickelodeon's splat logo is probably the only one in kids TV that's lasted longer, as it was used in the US from 1984 to 2009, 25 years. However, Nick only launched in the UK in 1993 so it was only used for 17 years here (until 2010).

Cartoon Network's original logo was used for quite some time as I recall too.
Not as long as Cbeebies or Nickelodeon. CN only launched in the US in 1992, and had updated the logo by 2004, so it had a 12 year run.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - benzj - 15-03-2023

And another new ident in the 9am junction that just wants to shake its booty. Get down, swirly worms! Strictly will come calling soon enough.

https://streamable.com/o6o8gd 

And with how very late it is for me at the moment, I think I'll leave it there!

(15-03-2023, 09:34 AM)Tola Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of people slamming the CBBC and CBeebies rebrand especially (on YouTube and Twitter), mainly due to it "not being the same as before" or for the logo being too simple (and corporate).

I think the logo feeling a bit too corporate is a complaint I'd agree with, as much as I understand the necessity of not having a separate logo to fit in with the stylistic constraints brought on by the Chameleon rebrand. The new CBBC look really relies on the idents, which is not how it's going to be seen for the vast majority of its airtime (not to mention on the website); that, and given how CBBC hasn't not had a separate logo since the original Lambie-Nairn rebrand over 20 years ago (before the channel was even a glimmer in the eye), it comes off as a downgrade even for those with a bit of a longer history to look back at.

Sheer attachment to the outgoing logo or its green predecessor may also play a role, as happens when you grow up with things a certain way (just about one generation's gotten the chance to live with the outgoing logo!)

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - steve - 15-03-2023

As the parent of a 4 and 7-year-old who has grown up with CBeebies and has evolved into CBBC, we love these - the CBeebies update is both beautiful and inspired, it's change and very within the chameleon branding BUT it's not too much of a change that my 4-year-old didn't recognise the channel.

The blobs are clearly still the blobs, they're just modernised, and the very familiar pres elements like the house, birthdays, day of the week ID, 'get set go' bumper, are all still there.

Similarly, for CBBC where the presentation doesn't need to be quite as familiar - it works and I also think there are clear nods to the BBC Two and BBC Three presentation (are they made by the same people?).

All in all, excellent work.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - orange - 15-03-2023

Stop the presses! I’m going to redact what I said about the blobs.

It’s never a great idea to get an opinion on something from a screenshot; and a video that was clearly hastily put together by someone in social - but they were looking a little naff to me. Now i’m seeing them in actual execution and they look really superb. The blobs taking form of the blocks is genius like I said, and the execution is much better then I expected. Cute!

I wasn’t expecting CBBC to go the route it did but it’s also a really nice surprise. The logo was very generic looking and I was a little taken aback about how they would be able to make the brand come to life for the kids, but they’ve done a really good job.

The identity is like a hybrid of BBC Two and ITV2 - I think this will work out well for them, it’s something that will age well especially as the kids watching it get older; as it doesn’t feel too patronisingly childish. I might dare to say that if you swapped the BBC Three and the CBBC idents around, they would actually probably work better? Those 3D hands are god awful.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - steve - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 07:04 AM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  CBeebies just began, new Get Set Go bumper began the day

Here's the new GSG bump, and the DOG/screenbug https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1085441108932313108/1085444136842301470/trim.07BF378E-2A7E-4A7F-85BA-5EAECE58B445.mov 

The animation on the DOG (from 10s in on this clip) is also beautifully done, in my view.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - VMPhil - 15-03-2023

Very very nicely done, the nicest CBBC has looked in years IMO.

RE: New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation - Brekkie - 15-03-2023

(15-03-2023, 09:39 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  Has anyone got any kids to ask if they like this new look?

And if they havent noticed it will you at the very least be getting a DNA test, if not putting them up for adoption?   Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

Really nice update to CBeebies - an evolution but also feels like a revolution.   A really nice update of something which had only been tweaked only the last 21 years.   The BBC CBeebies block layout works well too.

The CBBC idents look decent enough too though pretty generic - maybe that's the point though if they're rolled out on BBC Kids where that brand exists. I like that they feel quite grown up too rather than childish, though a bit more fun might not go amiss.  

Can't escape the fact it's "BBC CBBC" but that's been part of the logo before with the green look especially, but the last logo was quite clever in predominently being a C but could also be read as CBBC too.   However on screen the DOG doesn't really read like "BBC CBBC" - you see the CBBC first and then see the indication it's a BBC channel.    Just a shame the font isn't a bit more exciting so it feels like a logo rather than text, something CBeebies gets away with.

Nice to see a relaunch too that has DOGs which aren't too big or too bright.   Indeed weren't the previous versions colour, so these are an improvement.