Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Gibsy - all new phil - 26-10-2022

(26-10-2022, 01:22 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(26-10-2022, 08:59 AM)Gibsy Wrote:  Hadn’t he agreed a move to Sky News as Director of output before Piers came calling?
Although, I’m sure he’s not bothered because whilst I’m sure he’d like larger audience he’s probably getting paid more where he is. Of course how long Talk TV is another question.

I don’t think audience numbers particularly matter to his career prospects. His role is the look of the show, and on that he has succeeded. He’s certainly not done himself any damage, whatever he applies for next will judge him on this.

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 27-10-2022

His job is directing the programme. It's a programme that massively underperforms and is a laughing stock. That's not his fault - it's the content that's the problem, but it still doesn't mean it's going to be as good for his reputation and career as Sky or GMB. It's easier to move on and up from a success than a flop

RE: Talk TV - all new phil - 27-10-2022

(27-10-2022, 08:57 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  His job is directing the programme. It's a programme that massively underperforms and is a laughing stock. That's not his fault - it's the content that's the problem, but it still doesn't mean it's going to be as good for his reputation and career as Sky or GMB. It's easier to move on and up from a success than a flop

I think you’ll find those in the industry are more supportive of each other than you think.

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 29-10-2022

Since the recent Talk TV refresh, why is the first hour of James Whale's show only broadcast on radio and then simulcast for the final hour on Thursdays & Fridays? Whilst they repeat Piers Morgan at 11pm. I suppose it makes sense on Thurs, but Friday's show is usually highlights from the week, so these would have been seen at least twice already? Last night at 11, they repeated Piers interview with "Ye" (or Kanye West rebranded) - this has been shown probably 4 times already. I understand why James is irritated. His show is regularly more interesting than Uncensored any day of the week.

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 29-10-2022

Because they’re paying a lot for Morgan’s show and they want to get their monies worth. I would love to know how well an hour of the very cheap James Whale Show would do vs the very expensive Piers Morgan show in the same slot.

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 30-10-2022

(27-10-2022, 10:09 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 08:57 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  His job is directing the programme. It's a programme that massively underperforms and is a laughing stock. That's not his fault - it's the content that's the problem, but it still doesn't mean it's going to be as good for his reputation and career as Sky or GMB. It's easier to move on and up from a success than a flop

I think you’ll find those in the industry are more supportive of each other than you think.
Even the the most supportive recruiter would take a different attitude to someone who's looking to move on from a success than something that isn't. That's not just in the TV industry

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 30-10-2022

(30-10-2022, 03:37 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 10:09 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think you’ll find those in the industry are more supportive of each other than you think.
Even the the most supportive recruiter would take a different attitude to someone who's looking to move on from a success than something that isn't. That's not just in the TV industry
I think the bigger issue is that there aren’t many equivalent positions on similar sort of projects and you imagine he might have burnt his bridges at Sky. Perhaps he’d be the sort of person to take charge of any potential future ITV News rebrand.

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 02-11-2022

TalkTV had a GB News moment at the end of Jeremy Kyle when Piers Morgan didn't realise he was still supposed to continue the handover throw.

https://youtu.be/D79KZqU8iAc 

RE: Talk TV - LargelyALurker - 03-11-2022

I flicked over last night and the ad break included a shop in Bo’ness and another in Swansea… Surely that’s not paying the bills?

I’d have thought NewsUK would be using their contacts to sell to people who advertise in their papers and existing radio stations. Do they not want to be associated with TalkTV?

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 11-11-2022

(29-10-2022, 07:47 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Since the recent Talk TV refresh, why is the first hour of James Whale's show only broadcast on radio and then simulcast for the final hour on Thursdays & Fridays? Whilst they repeat Piers Morgan at 11pm. I suppose it makes sense on Thurs, but Friday's show is usually highlights from the week, so these would have been seen at least twice already?  Last night at 11, they repeated Piers interview with "Ye" (or Kanye West rebranded) - this has been shown probably 4 times already.  I understand why James is irritated. His show is regularly more interesting than Uncensored any day of the week.
I notice from tonight, Piers Morgan Uncensored Highlights have been replaced by The Talk and the late repeat at 11pm of these highlights, have been replaced by The James Whale Show.  Finally, common sense prevails!