Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - KrazyKei - 25-04-2023

One of my predictions for this year was that Piers Morgan would join Fox News. With Tucker Carlson gone and TalkTV in disarray, it wouldn't surprise me if my prediction did become true.

RE: Talk TV - Newshound47 - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 06:36 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  One of my predictions for this year was that Piers Morgan would join Fox News. With Tucker Carlson gone and TalkTV in disarray, it wouldn't surprise me if my prediction did become true.

The main reason his show is not on Fox News is because he has some views that are not in line with the general views of the Fox News audience.

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 25-04-2023

Fox News Channel could simply simulcast Piers show on Talk TV but the problem would be that subjects covered by Piers would usually have British interest, and totally alien to US audiences - I don't see Piers leaving Talk TV, he has an ego, and he will not leave, it will look like failure (which of course it is).

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 25-04-2023

A year down the route, we've seen Talk TV downgrade from using hired studio space in Ealing to smaller studios at News UK HQ, but the quality of the output is still considerably better than GB News.

However I think the radio simulcasts let them down where there was an opportunity to produce other output for the channel using Times Radio, talkSPORT and Virgin talent rather than directly compete with GBN for a niche market.

GBN has a style and editorial that is pure Marmite, but TalkTV continues to be the channel that is more of a shoulder shrug than an actual challenger to mainstream channels.

RE: Talk TV - KrazyKei - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 06:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 06:36 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  One of my predictions for this year was that Piers Morgan would join Fox News. With Tucker Carlson gone and TalkTV in disarray, it wouldn't surprise me if my prediction did become true.

The main reason his show is not on Fox News is because he has some views that are not in line with the general views of the Fox News audience.

They had the likes of Chris Wallace and Alan Colmes as presenters who are more left wing than Piers. He's already got a following on Fox Nation. It would not surprise me if Piers did replace Tucker.

RE: Talk TV - TMD_24 - 25-04-2023

Another Conservative MP finding time to accept a presenting role today and tomorrow. This time, it's Jake Berry with Emily Sheffield covering Jeremy Kyle.

https://twitter.com/emilysheffield/status/1650919096957956098?s=20 

RE: Talk TV - Kojak - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 07:07 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 06:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The main reason his show is not on Fox News is because he has some views that are not in line with the general views of the Fox News audience.

They had the likes of Chris Wallace and Alan Colmes as presenters who are more left wing than Piers. He's already got a following on Fox Nation. It would not surprise me if Piers did replace Tucker.
That was at a very different time for Fox News. 
Alan Colmes was there mostly as a foil for Sean Hannity, and Chris Wallace left because he disliked the direction Fox went in.

RE: Talk TV - cando - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 07:07 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 06:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The main reason his show is not on Fox News is because he has some views that are not in line with the general views of the Fox News audience.

Chris Wallace was not left wing in the slightest and Alan Colmes was dumped from primetime 14 years ago so Hannity could go solo. He has been dead for 7 years !! Even when he was on air he was far outnumbered by conservatives.

RE: Talk TV - cando - 25-04-2023

Don Lemon has more of a shot at 8pm on Fox News than Piers ie zero percent

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 06:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  

I wouldn’t have thought it possible before. But I noticed in a recent interview I saw Piers has toned down his views on gun control. I think any show on Fox would just be mainly Biden bashing and culture wars stuff, which he would be inline with the Fox audience with.

(25-04-2023, 07:22 PM)cando Wrote:  

Don Lemon has more of a shot at 8pm on Fox News than Piers ie zero percent
That’s not true though. As far as I know Piers is more in align with Fox on many key areas than Lemon is and he’s already in the company has some kind of relationship with Murdoch’s and is a regular contributor. I wouldn’t put it past Morgan having a sudden epiphany and becoming more right wing too if he got a chance of Fox gig.

He probably wouldn’t get a prime time slot straight off though, as I’m sure they’d want to test the waters.