Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - matthieu1221 - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 07:26 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 06:41 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The main reason his show is not on Fox News is because he has some views that are not in line with the general views of the Fox News audience.
I wouldn’t have thought it possible before. But I noticed in a recent interview I saw Piers has toned down his views on gun control. I think any show on Fox would just be mainly Biden bashing and culture wars stuff, which he would be inline with the Fox audience with.

(25-04-2023, 07:22 PM)cando Wrote:  Don Lemon has more of a shot at 8pm on Fox News than Piers ie zero percent
That’s not true though. As far as I know Piers is more in align with Fox on many key areas than Lemon is and he’s already in the company has some kind of relationship with Murdoch’s and is a regular contributor. I wouldn’t put it past Morgan having a sudden epiphany and becoming more right wing too if he got a chance of Fox gig.

He probably wouldn’t get a prime time slot straight off though, as I’m sure they’d want to test the waters.
Not even sure you he'd need to change his views. He'd just need to calibrate himself and figure out what the Fox News audience wants to hear on-air. Off-air he could think whatever he wants. With the recent revelations we know that even Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham at times didn't believe in a single thing they said on-air.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 25-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 07:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  A year down the route, we've seen Talk TV downgrade from using hired studio space in Ealing to smaller studios at News UK HQ, but the quality of the output is still considerably better than GB News.

However I think the radio simulcasts let them down where there was an opportunity to produce other output for the channel using Times Radio, talkSPORT and Virgin talent rather than directly compete with GBN for a niche market.

GBN has a style and editorial that is pure Marmite, but TalkTV continues to be the channel that is more of a shoulder shrug than an actual challenger to mainstream channels.

One thing I don't get is they produce four "TV" shows a day now yet only have them fill an hour each when surely it would be quite economical to extent at least two of those to two hours and fill more hours.    That said though we're now at a point where their 4 hours of content is now more than the UK hours that the BBC News Channel produces a day.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 26-04-2023

(25-04-2023, 09:03 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(25-04-2023, 07:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  A year down the route, we've seen Talk TV downgrade from using hired studio space in Ealing to smaller studios at News UK HQ, but the quality of the output is still considerably better than GB News.

However I think the radio simulcasts let them down where there was an opportunity to produce other output for the channel using Times Radio, talkSPORT and Virgin talent rather than directly compete with GBN for a niche market.

GBN has a style and editorial that is pure Marmite, but TalkTV continues to be the channel that is more of a shoulder shrug than an actual challenger to mainstream channels.

One thing I don't get is they produce four "TV" shows a day now yet only have them fill an hour each when surely it would be quite economical to extent at least two of those to two hours and fill more hours.    That said though we're now at a point where their 4 hours of content is now more than the UK hours that the BBC News Channel produces a day.

Vanessa Feltz is produced the same as the other four shows now it's back on TV 4 nights a week, and it's three hours.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 26-04-2023

It is so far behind the rest of the pack now it seems - just 1000 viewers at 4pm the other day compared to GB News on 58k. However not sure if that includes the simulcast on Local TV which I suspect in those areas outrates the main channel.

https://twitter.com/robcoxwell/status/1651052885076070400 

RE: Talk TV - Stockland Hillman - 26-04-2023

BARB data comes with peak and 15 min data, every broadcast professional in charge of a channel would know this.

Its also pretty easy and run of the mill to do analysis against competitors, which is what the screenshot clearly is.

Given nowhere on the picture is the BBC News 4PM mentioned, its disingenuous to use that comparison. The question I would ask Robert Coxwell: Is the data presented inaccurate? Simple yes or no will suffice.

What is does show is between 9am and 1030 (1029 for the pedantic) GB News beat the BBC News channel.

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 26-04-2023

https://inews.co.uk/news/media/rupert-murdoch-piers-morgan-talktv-viewers-making-money-2289885 

RE: Talk TV - KrazyKei - 26-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 09:03 AM)derek500 Wrote:  https://inews.co.uk/news/media/rupert-murdoch-piers-morgan-talktv-viewers-making-money-2289885 

He can order as much as he likes. Rebekah Brooks was not keen on setting up TalkTV and was just happy to keep it as a radio format and now we know why.

It's fair to say that if they want to start making money, they need a complete overhaul and give itself a new format. Otherwise, they can go back to just being a radio station.

RE: Talk TV - bilky asko - 26-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 08:55 AM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  BARB data comes with peak and 15 min data, every broadcast professional in charge of a channel would know this.

Its also pretty easy and run of the mill to do analysis against competitors, which is what the screenshot clearly is.

Given nowhere on the picture is the BBC News 4PM mentioned, its disingenuous to use that comparison. The question I would ask Robert Coxwell: Is the data presented inaccurate? Simple yes or no will suffice.

What is does show is between 9am and 1030 (1029 for the pedantic) GB News beat the BBC News channel.

The data is presented in a way that hides all the many 15-minute segments where GB News had a lower viewer share. If that was showing, it would be clear that GB News were hardly trouncing anyone, as the segments listed only cover a quarter of the day (and, in the example given, they would be losing by a much larger percentage than any of their wins).

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 26-04-2023

(26-04-2023, 05:17 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(26-04-2023, 08:55 AM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  BARB data comes with peak and 15 min data, every broadcast professional in charge of a channel would know this.

Its also pretty easy and run of the mill to do analysis against competitors,  which is what the screenshot clearly is.

Given nowhere on the picture is the BBC  News 4PM  mentioned, its disingenuous to use that comparison. The question I would ask Robert Coxwell: Is the data presented inaccurate?  Simple yes or no will suffice.

What is does show is between 9am and 1030 (1029 for the pedantic) GB News beat the BBC  News channel.

The data is presented in a way that hides all the many 15-minute segments where GB News had a lower viewer share. If that was showing, it would be clear that GB News were hardly trouncing anyone, as the segments listed only cover a quarter of the day (and, in the example given, they would be losing by a much larger percentage than any of their wins).

What it does show is in the breakfast peak hour, 7-8am Eamonn is beating Sky News.   When he was at Sky, Sunrise dominated the BARB top 10's.

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 28-04-2023

https://twitter.com/errongordon/status/1651855945884999681 
Very interesting article here, giving some behind the scenes information. Including hints of using the studios more for the daytime shows.