Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - strollfan - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Granted, I am terribly biased as someone raised near the Mersey. But does The Sun even have better brand appeal than the Talk stations to warrant such a move?

It has a good circulation for a print publication (for some unfathomable reason), but I'm not sure their readers have the brand loyalty to really transfer to a television audience in any great number. Seems short-sighted and likely to alienate as many as it might gain.

RE: Talk TV - JAS84 - 21-06-2023

Isn't The Sun the most popular of the tabloids, despite the Liverpool boycott?

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 21-06-2023

Every microphone in the Vanessa Feltz studio has seemed to break throughout todays show, they have moved to the Piers Morgan studio.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Granted, I am terribly biased as someone raised near the Mersey. But does The Sun even have better brand appeal than the Talk stations to warrant such a move?

I'm sure it would go down well on Liverpool TV.

The Sun did have an online TV service during their Sun+ subscription phase. It didn't last long.

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 05:02 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  Every microphone in the Vanessa Feltz studio has seemed to break throughout todays show, they have moved to the Piers Morgan studio.
Indeed, Vanessa was using a wired stage microphone during the past 25 minutes!

RE: Talk TV - strollfan - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 04:38 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Isn't The Sun the most popular of the tabloids, despite the Liverpool boycott?
It is, but more a question of whether the audience of a tabloid newspaper is likely to tune into a news channel out of brand loyalty. I suspect not.

RE: Talk TV - bilky asko - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 04:38 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Isn't The Sun the most popular of the tabloids, despite the Liverpool boycott?

The Sun no longer reports circulation figures, but The Metro overtook The Sun in 2019.

RE: Talk TV - AllanTheScot - 21-06-2023

Calling it The S*n TV up here in Merseyside would be the final nail in the coffin for it.

RE: Talk TV - Globaltraffic24 - 21-06-2023

Much of the Sun’s readership will be casual readers looking for some gossip and sport on their lunch break. It’s a brand that will score highly with its customer base but doesn’t solicit any real loyalty or allegiance so they’ll struggle with this one. Their only hope of transferring readers over might be going heavy on sport and entertainment. Definitely not news talk.

RE: Talk TV - JAS84 - 21-06-2023

(21-06-2023, 05:38 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  The Sun no longer reports circulation figures, but The Metro overtook The Sun in 2019.
That'd be because that paper is free. I don't know how they survive on advertising alone.

I find it odd that The Sun stopped releasing circulation numbers. Wouldn't they want to boast about being the best selling paper (Metro wouldn't count when it's worded that way as it's given away rather than sold)?

I assume more people still buy newspapers than watch TalkTV?