Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - GlasgowCruiser - 06-07-2023

I don't get the point to be honest. It's a failed experiment, nobody is going to watch even if they do revamp the schedule. They have a radio station that has worked reasonably well and I think they should put all of their eggs in that basket.

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 06-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 06:41 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  
An internal meeting was held today. No closure, no plans to close "ignore the noise"—plans for a full weekday TV schedule 6am-11pm within months.
Murdoch doesn't go down without a fight, looks like this is a fight.

RE: Talk TV - GlasgowCruiser - 12-07-2023

They've shaved off an hour of Ian Collins & Vanessa Feltz's shows for Kevin O'Sullivan to take on a 2 hour show (3pm-5pm), in addition to the new morning half hour slot with Mike Graham. I assume that means a change in the weekends.

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 03:26 PM)GlasgowCruiser Wrote:  They've shaved off an hour of Ian Collins & Vanessa Feltz's shows for Kevin O'Sullivan to take on a 2 hour show (3pm-5pm), in addition to the new morning half hour slot with Mike Graham. I assume that means a change in the weekends.
Where's this been said?

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:10 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Where's this been said?

I've found it on the TalkRadio schedule.

From Monday:

Julia loses 30 mins at Breakfast.
Mike and Kevin present a review of the news from 9.30-10am
Ian and Vanessa lose 1 hour each to add a new Kevin show from 3-5pm.

RE: Talk TV - MLehon - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:10 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Where's this been said?
Was "said" this afternoon by Ian Collins during his programme who also "said" that he's off on holiday after next Wednesday's programme.

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:47 PM)MLehon Wrote:  Was "said" this afternoon by Ian Collins during his programme who also "said" that he's off on holiday after next Wednesday's programme.
Any chance you have a timestamp for this? Don't fancy watching a whole 3 hour programme   Big Grin

RE: Talk TV - MLehon - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 05:26 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Any chance you have a timestamp for this? Don't fancy watching a whole 3 hour programme   Big Grin

Yes it was at 16.26.30😂😂😂 (not of course). I take it your post "lepeterr" is meant as scarcasm by asking for a timestamp!  I only answered your original post as you seemed to doubt the information someone else had put onto this Forum in good faith by asking where has this had been "said". I gave you one example of as you put it this had been "said".  Really noticeable on this Forum that some people always seem to turn every reply round on any post/reply/observation someone makes.

RE: Talk TV - Stockland Hillman - 12-07-2023

(06-07-2023, 08:59 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Murdoch doesn't go down without a fight, looks like this is a fight.
I wouldn't count on that. Murdoch doesn't do open ended failure and is ruthless on cutting and moving on. That's winning long-term,  not holding on to failure just for the sake of it, and Talk TV is a failure

In UK, News group has history of gung-ho staff meetings followed by very rapid closure.  The News of the World staff had the same chat Talk TV just had; see also The London Paper,  Q live and many many more project's that were staffed and dumped.

Given Talk makes more money from audio that linear TV,  I'd give it one bad rajar at most before rapid reversal

RE: Talk TV - TVViewer256 - 12-07-2023

Should be interesting to see how TalkTV cover the inevitable questions that will now be asked of The Sun, given they are both owned by Murdoch.