Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 12-07-2023

You can guarantee they won't cover issues about their colleagues and themselves with the impartiality that the BBC have covered events of the last few days.

RE: Talk TV - TVViewer256 - 12-07-2023

Admittedly only caught a little bit of Jeremy Kyle Live but it appeared he and Richard Tice were very much focusing on criticising the BBC (which is valid but doesn't cancel out the questions regarding The Sun). Piers Morgan has also defended them on his show.

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 08:35 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  Admittedly only caught a little bit of Jeremy Kyle Live but it appeared he and Richard Tice were very much focusing on criticising the BBC  (which is valid but doesn't cancel out the questions regarding The Sun). Piers Morgan has also defended them on his show.

Well what did you expect from a Murdoch owned station? Fair and Balance?

RE: Talk TV - AndyB2008 - 13-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I've found it on the TalkRadio schedule.

From Monday:

Julia loses 30 mins at Breakfast.
Mike and Kevin present a review of the news from 9.30-10am
Ian and Vanessa lose 1 hour each to add a new Kevin show from 3-5pm.

They had moved Kevin's panel show and The Royal Family review show with Sarah Hewson to 10.00 and 10.30pm on Fridays, directly against News at Ten. Previously they had been on after Nadine's show.

Instead, a Piers Morgan Best Of airs after Nadine. Gather the ratings for The Royal Family show/Kevin's show were shocking or they want to get their money's worth out of Morgan.

(12-07-2023, 08:23 PM)TVViewer256 Wrote:  Should be interesting to see how TalkTV cover the inevitable questions that will now be asked of The Sun, given they are both owned by Murdoch.

Do agree - will be interesting.

RE: Talk TV - AndyB2008 - 13-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 08:31 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  You can guarantee they won't cover issues about their colleagues and themselves with the impartiality that the BBC have covered events of the last few days.

Noticed Zora Suleman a few times on TalkTV. Wasn't she on RI:SE, which was co-produced by then Murdoch owned Sky?

(The news bulletins on TalkTV seem to have been cut down though - around the same time they dropped the Darryl and Petrie overnight slot. Most weekend ones are cut entirely- they play ad breaks while Radio has the news bulletins. And of course, they can't respond to breaking news on Friday as the post Vanessa shows up to Whale are pre records. Woke That Was is a pre record too)

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 13-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I've found it on the TalkRadio schedule.

From Monday:

Julia loses 30 mins at Breakfast.
Mike and Kevin present a review of the news from 9.30-10am
Ian and Vanessa lose 1 hour each to add a new Kevin show from 3-5pm.

That's been on this week and a couple of months ago.  I think it's just temporary when JH-B is on holiday.

RE: Talk TV - eyeTV - 13-07-2023

Is Sharon Osbourne still on Talk TV?

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 13-07-2023

(13-07-2023, 04:48 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Is Sharon Osbourne still on Talk TV?

Yes, she was on The Talk a few weeks ago - however Sharon has a contract which I am sure specifies she only has to do a certain number of appearances per year, with large amounts of vacation - I nickname it the Johnny Carson deal.

RE: Talk TV - Newsroom - 13-07-2023

Just when you think things couldn't get any more vile!

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/13/parents-in-huw-edwards-case-offered-tens-of-thousands-for-talktv-interview 

RE: Talk TV - Tomj - 13-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 04:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Ian and Vanessa lose 1 hour each to add a new Kevin show from 3-5pm.

This is interesting. I wonder whether this is an edging out of Vanessa, who I don't think has ever been a good fit for the channel because she's remained fair and balanced and doesn't lean into the culture wars in the way their other presenters do. (She said on her show a few days ago words to the effect that she never uses the word "woke" if she can avoid it, for example.)