Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 12:35 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Has he left Sky?
Its not hosted by him, its hosted by Peter Bleksly. I believe he is just a guest.

RE: Talk TV - Ash101 - 18-08-2023

This week’s PopBitch is suggesting a September refresh is in order but they cannot find anyone to do Breakfast with Piers, Jeremy & JHB all refusing to join a co-host situation.

David Bull and Nicola Thorp are the only names left in the hat, apparently

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 01:12 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  This week’s PopBitch is suggesting a September refresh is in order but they cannot find anyone to do Breakfast with Piers, Jeremy & JHB all refusing to join a co-host situation.

David Bull and Nicola Thorp are the only names left in the hat, apparently

Too many egos spoil the broth.

RE: Talk TV - GlasgowCruiser - 18-08-2023

Nicola Thorp? That's a way to kill their main audience at breakfast.

I reckon Bull will get it.

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 18-08-2023

As an outsider, give it to Rosanna Lockwood, she's made the Uncensored show palatable.

RE: Talk TV - freeview87 - 18-08-2023

Is that the end of JHB at breakfast or would she continue on radio?

Talk TV can make all the changes they want, i just don't think there's room for them.

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 18-08-2023

I think Piers in the morning will turn out to be a ratings flop. He hasn’t exactly gelled with the channels audience, plus TalkTV isn’t priority enough for high ranking MPs to always show up, when they do it usually lasts a few mins. Who will he shout all over in a desperate bid for an ‘agenda setting’ soundbite?

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 18-08-2023

Jeremy Kyle announced 50 mins ago that was his final Friday breakfast show.

In other news, The Independent Republic of Mike Graham is coming from the made for TV Piers studio this morning. Mike & Kev prior to this was coming from the radio studio. Mike said the beautiful TV studio was be the home of IROMG "soon". Interesting they are using the night-style backdrop in the middle of the morning? The programme is titled "Mike Graham" and "The News Desk"/"First Edition" theme music being played also. Talk TV's Richard Tice being interviewed for first 35 mins rather than external randomers like usual. Probably trialling new things out, seeing how it goes?

RE: Talk TV - all new phil - 18-08-2023

Can’t we just fast forward to the inevitable Talk TV / GB News merger?

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 08:48 AM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  I think Piers in the morning will turn out to be a ratings flop. He hasn’t exactly gelled with the channels audience, plus TalkTV isn’t priority enough for high ranking MPs to always show up, when they do it usually lasts a few mins. Who will he shout all over in a desperate bid for an ‘agenda setting’ soundbite?

Whilst it would likely come bottom of the pack I think he'd probably find a bigger audience than in the evening.   TBH though can't really see them paying his salary beyond his initial contract - there are other rent a gob presenters who would do his shtick for much less.