Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 11:45 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Can’t we just fast forward to the inevitable Talk TV / GB News merger?
Is this definitely on the horizon? I know there have been rumours about it? As there has about renaming Talk TV to The Sun TV & non broadcast trials have taken place. If they did merge, would the new channel possibly be known as Talk GB? Satisfying every eventuality - the fact it isn't always news on either channel, the main parts of both original names are kept, GB rhymes with TV, the headlines at the top of the hour could be called Talk GB News and Talk TV would be the majority owner of the channel having overall more financial clout so it makes sense their name comes 1st?

Personally, I like Talk TV the way it is & prefer it over GB News in general and hope both channels remain separate and continue to thrive with their opinionated news agendas.

RE: Talk TV - Ash101 - 18-08-2023

I think it is interesting that they'd be willing to move Piers to the mornings when he is one of the main 'TV Evening' shows... they just aren't quite sure what the strategy should be and are willing to try anything, I expect.

Guido are reporting that TND's picture has been removed from the offices at Talk TV. Obviously no idea of the circumstances, but it is a shame to lose him as I think he really bought some gravitas to the News based programmes they did. Him and Kate McCann were the stars of the channel when it launched....

(18-08-2023, 12:53 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Is this definitely on the horizon? I know there have been rumours about it? As there has about renaming Talk TV to The Sun TV & non broadcast trials have taken place. If they did merge, would the new channel possibly be known as Talk GB? Satisfying every eventuality - the fact it isn't always news on either channel, the main parts of both original names are kept, GB rhymes with TV, the headlines at the top of the hour could be called Talk GB News and Talk TV would be the majority owner of the channel having overall more financial clout so it makes sense their name comes 1st?

Personally, I like Talk TV the way it is & prefer it over GB News in general and hope both channels remain separate and continue to thrive with their opinionated news agendas.
Definitely not on the horizon. There were reports that Murdoch has offered multiple times to buy GB News but they aren't interested.

Looks like they have been using the Piers made for TV studio since 10am this morning. Also using a new red Breaking News strap rather than the blue version. Unless there is maintenance scheduled in the radio studio today.

RE: Talk TV - TVenthusiasm - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 04:48 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Looks like they have been using the Piers made for TV studio since 10am this morning. Also using a new red Breaking News strap rather than the blue version. Unless there is maintenance scheduled in the radio studio today.

[Image: 2023-08-18_16h53_42.png]

Though the sting remains the same

With the new catchphrase (at least on the trailers on the app):- "If you're thinking about it, we're talking about it". I like it!

Usually on a Friday, they wouldn't fire up the live TV studios and rely on the radio studios and recorded shows instead.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

I never watched but flicking through the channels this afternoon and their graphics look so poor in SD on Freeview.

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I never watched but flicking through the channels this afternoon and their graphics look so poor in SD on Freeview.

To be fair, the low bitrate, low resolution SD news channels are all the same, but BBC News in SD is tolerable.

RE: Talk TV - Marcell - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I never watched but flicking through the channels this afternoon and their graphics look so poor in SD on Freeview.

I've never been a fan of the graphics. They seem overly loud & American to me, or perhaps I prefer flat design.

They kind of remind me of the GMTV logo from 2009 for some reason.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:51 PM)Marcell Wrote:  I've never been a fan of the graphics. They seem overly loud & American to me, or perhaps I prefer flat design.

they're based on Fox News GFX templates.

RE: Talk TV - Medianext.MX - 19-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 09:51 PM)Marcell Wrote:  I've never been a fan of the graphics. They seem overly loud & American to me, or perhaps I prefer flat design.

(18-08-2023, 11:25 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  they're based on Fox News GFX templates.

Well, these actually look closer to the Fox Weather graphics, but yes, that's for sure.

[Image: Captura%20de%20Pantalla%202022-09-29%20a..._53_53.png]

Not only that: NewscastStudio's gallery for the graphics says the straps were designed by... Fox News' creative services department (Fox Media Production Group). The division does all of Fox News' straps and show graphics and titles.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/graphics/talktv/