Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 28-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 12:39 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  It seems Murdoch's company offers very low money to Talk TV compared to what GB News offers - surprising since the Murdoch company is worth a fortune, you would have thought,
Of course the two things aren't always like that it's often the other way round - a company is 'worth a fortune' because they don't pay much! 

The family itself is very rich and the company's owners made a lot from the sale of companies like Fox and Sky. But that doesn't mean the company is necessarily swimming in money, especially the UK bit. Newspapers are in decline, their websites are doing moderately well as are  their radio stations, some better than others. 

News UK isn't the massive money spinner it once was, and arguably it's influence is lessening. It has to make money and can't just go begging to the shareholders for investment

RE: Talk TV - RJLD24 - 29-09-2023

It seems that The Talk and First Edition are both scheduled for next Friday, Friday Night With Nadine returns at 8pm preceded by Plank Of The Week as normal.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 29-09-2023

The network is fully live (except 7-9) on Fridays again it seems.

RE: Talk TV - JustJamie - 02-10-2023

Currently watching Talk Today at the moment. Surprisingly like the look of it - and the graphics too.

RE: Talk TV - freeview87 - 02-10-2023

Talk Today has all the elements of a traditional breakfast show. It's not been a bad watch, Jeremy and Nicola work well together.

RE: Talk TV - mnlbay - 02-10-2023

Talk Today looks a decent design but a few notes:
- The name feels more like a daytime show than breakfast
- Will be interesting to see how they alter the titles for when one or both presenters aren't there - (similar to This Morning post-Schofield)
- Times Radio sponsoring the weather segment? Is this the same on the Talk Radio edition of the programme i.e. Talk Radio sponsored by Times Radio?

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 02-10-2023

The look of the programme is good. I like the fact the graphics have stuck to the template but with new colours and shapes. The use of the small studio space works well. I wish GB News would be more creative with the space they have.

Not keen on Kyle though, still a bit shouty and I always have a feeling he’s just waiting for an opportunity to kick off on someone.

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 02-10-2023

Pleasantly surprised by talk so far today, I have found myself keeping it on in the background longer than I thought I would.

It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes to the shows actually doing them in a TV studio vs the simulcast of TalkRadio.

Nice music, nice graphics. Overall very good.

RE: Talk TV - matthieu1221 - 02-10-2023

Visually it looks great though I can't help but think that the intro is a bit cheesy Big Grin

RE: Talk TV - lepeterrr - 02-10-2023

All I can think right now is: why did they not do this from the start!!